Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

+1
    I can definitely hear what you're concerned about, and I agree that it sounds like a bearing in the bottom end.
    Did you blip the throttle mid-way through the video, where the rattling briefly subsided?

My thought is, if it were a bearing in the bottom end, it should continue to rattle, but with more intensity, as it moves up through the RPM range. Instead, with just a very small increase in RPMs, the sound vanishes.

And it didn't do this before you had the head machined, right? What all did you disassemble when you sent the head off to be machined? Did you have a jog off at all?

I'm just a back-yard hack, but there are folks on here with tons of experience with the 1300s. I imagine someone will be able to identify and diagnose that sound for you really fast (hopefully).

+1
    Another important question:

Have you run it in water with the seat off? Does it still make this noise, or no?
    If it doesn't do it while under load, I personally wouldn't be too concerned about it.

I did raise the rpm a little so you could hear that I goes away with that slight increase in rpm.
    I don’t think there is any way it would run as well as it does if a crank bearing was making that noise, but maybe the shaft bearing. I haven’t, but do need to take the seat off and try it.
    It didn’t make the noise until after the second time I had it in the water and I had the head decked before I put it in the water the first time.
    I haven’t had any jugs off, just the head.
    I’ll probably replace the bulkhead bearings this winter, just in case it is failing.
    Hopefully nothings wrong, but if something is I’ll find out sooner or later. Lol
    Im a little worried the top speed is slower than it should be, but I thought I was gonna die when going about 60 in water that was not smooth enough to be going that fast.

+1
    Besides the shaved head and fuel controller, what other mods does the ski have, if any? And, how much tuning have you had a chance to do since adding the controller?

If you're otherwise stock, I wouldn't be surprised if you'd run a max of 64 or 65mph as is right now, and that's on smooth water where it has a chance to stop porpoising and max out.

I filled out my signature and think I got all of the info in there. I need to mess with the angle of the ride plate. Right now its just bolted flush to the hull without any washers/ shims.

I got my tach in yesterday, so when I get the chance to make it out on some smooth water I can get a better idea as to how it is performing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information