07 VX110 overheat warning buzzer

Hi, the other day I was riding my 07 VX110 sport and the overheat warning buzzer went off.. I let it sit for a while, assuming that it needed to cool off.. It didn't seem like it was overheating..After it had sat long enough to cool off, I started it, and after running for about 20 seconds, the overheat buzzer went off again.. I pulled the screen and it was clean.. The engine was still cold to the touch.. So I unplugged the thermosensors.. One at a time.. But the overheat warning buzzer kept beeping.. My next thought was that the pink wire from the sensors to the ECU must be shorting against the engine, grounding it and setting off the buzzer.. So I cut the pink wire near the ECU.. Pin 12 or 14 on the 34 pin plug.. The buzzer still kept going off after running the engine for 20 seconds.. So I thought it might be a problem inside the ECU.. So I swapped ECU's with my other VX and nothing changed.. Now, I'm thinking that it could be an issue in the wiring harness or maybe the instrument cluster.. Before messing with it any more, I thought I'd ask for advice here..  The steady stream of water coming out of the pisser on the left side was warm, but not hot... Code on the dash was 01 (normal)
    Last edited by Justme23005; 07-16-2019 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Added info

+1
    Do you have YDS to check which code? (Can't remember how to get the code on the dash--spoiled by YDS.)

I've seen this before when the intake cooling line (under PTO area) had a kink and would not allow proper flow of water. Is it doing it while in the water and running on a hose?

When I hold the button on the dash, it reads 01.. It's doing it both on the hose & in the water..

Just started working on one of these myself with the same issue. I found the water jackets on the front cylinders in the head and exhaust manifold clogged. If you have a temp gun check along the exhaust manifold with the ski running on the hose. On mine the front cylinders were noticeably hotter. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20190715_132435.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	451014

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    that's a bit of a timely post, as I have two coming in this afternoon with that exact complaint!

after confirming manifold temps my first move would be to pour a gallon of vinegar into the flush port and flush flush flush

(if I have to put them in the lake, labor goes out the window. They are too long for my water tank, not to mention about 250 over my crane limit)

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    that's a bit of a timely post, as I have two coming in this afternoon with that exact complaint!

after confirming manifold temps my first move would be to pour a gallon of vinegar into the flush port and flush flush flush

(if I have to put them in the lake, labor goes out the window. They are too long for my water tank, not to mention about 250 over my crane limit)

Usually, you just run them until the warning buzzer goes off, then unplug the thermosensors, one at a time & see which one makes it stop buzzing. (After verifying that it's really not overheating). I unplugged both sensors, and the buzzer is still going off.. I ran it on the hose again a few minutes ago.. It's definitely not getting hot.. I can touch the engine after its been running for a while...

Thread Information