Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

+1

Rxpx 255 above 74

Alrighty,. 2010 rxpx 255, r&d grate, rrfpr, custom side vent exhaust, 15/20 solas prop, Riva block offs,

All these mods done by previous owner I've had the ski for 2 years, love it. I'm getting up to 74mph am trying to get as close to 80 as possible and I'm looking into a Riva rode plate. Will I see gains from this any experience with it. I don't want to change ecu or charger if possible. How can I squeeze a few more mph out of this machine.i read the wet pump mod doesn't do much and I could knife the viens if it's worth it.can I do anything to the prop without loosing my hole shot with I must say is great but I am hitting the limiter from a dead stop when I gun it

+1
    I have the same ski and Im in the same boat as you right now, Id like to hear more about your side exhaust?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhubbs255 View Post
    Alrighty,. 2010 rxpx 255, r&d grate, rrfpr, custom side vent exhaust, 15/20 solas prop, Riva block offs,

All these mods done by previous owner I've had the ski for 2 years, love it. I'm getting up to 74mph am trying to get as close to 80 as possible and I'm looking into a Riva rode plate. Will I see gains from this any experience with it. I don't want to change ecu or charger if possible. How can I squeeze a few more mph out of this machine.i read the wet pump mod doesn't do much and I could knife the viens if it's worth it.can I do anything to the prop without loosing my hole shot with I must say is great but I am hitting the limiter from a dead stop when I gun it
    Knife edging the stator vanes in the pump will do nothing. Polishing the pump will do nothing.
    You already have the RRFPR so your all set to upgrade to the ET 137 +4. You said you didn't want to do any supercharger mods, but trust me on this, you will be very glad you did.

When's the last time your supercharger has been rebuilt? It's likely time for a rebuild and it would be the perfect time to install the supercharger impeller upgrade. If you are getting cavitation from a hard launch your wear ring is probably shot. I highly recommend the stainless steel wear ring over the plastic that wears out too quickly. The stainless steel wear ring will last the life of your ski. Also, upgrade the pump seal.

Engine Tech 137 +4 / RIVA Sea Doo 255/260 XX-2 Charger

Our new XX2-Charger delivers 15 psi of boost pressure at 8,500rpm producing arm wrenching acceleration and increased top speed. High performance...
    RS17080-SCI-XX2 $649.95

Sea Doo Supercharger Rebuild Service

We have been rebuilding Sea Doo superchargers for over a decade and have the most experience to ensure your supercharger is rebuilt correctly. We...
    SD SC Rebuild Service $436.00

... more info
    RIVA Sea-Doo 4-TEC 4 Bolt Super Pump Seal

These upgraded performance seals deliver improved acceleration and reduced cavitation. Directly replaces the weak OEM seal that often fails in...
    RS23140 $49.95

RIVA Stainless Steel Wear Ring for 215/255/260 HP Sea Doo Skis

100% stainless steel wear rings/impeller liners are the perfect replacement for your damaged original unit. Replaces original plastic unit on RXP,...
    RS33-159-SRX $189.95

Original Sea Doo Wear Ring for 215/255/260 HP Skis

Genuine Sea Doo replacement wear ring for 215/255/260 HP Sea Doo personal watercraft and sport boats. WILL ALSO FIT GTX AND WAKE PRO 230
    267000372 $71.89

+1
    Does the New SC Wheel require me to upgrade any internals or injectors or will the stock engine be able to handle the extra boost (Bolt on and go). is the ride plate not worth it at all is there any gains at all with the plate? I will be rebuilding the SC soon for the 2nd time its close to 200 hours. are those hours to high for the upgrades? I replaced wear ring around 30-40 hours ago ill check it out but it still bites HARD and i replace the carbon seal at the same time.

The Side exhaust exits out left hand side Close to the water box where a OPAS block off plate would be. It was done before I bought the PX and sounds like a riva through hull on steroids I love it.

+1
    Well just had it out today and got a new top speed of 76.5 which is great. I decided to give it a run with the seat off like I see all the cool guys do on YouTube and I noticed water pouring into the Hull, half-full before I could get it back on the trailer. I pulled it up on land and water was streaming out of my intake grate. filled it up when I got home with a hose. water is coming out of the grate so I'm assuming it's the carbon seal because as soon as it gets to that point is when water starts coming out. but I just replaced it last summer and have taken it out many times with no issues. I did notice that the ski was bouncing a little bit even on smooth water could I have blown something out or why would the carbon seal have given way already.

+1
    Issue found. Motor mounts are shot and motor was bouncing around letting water in. Going to get the rebuild kits maybe or just new mounts. Just got a sc with a 137+4. I still need some direction. Do I need new injectors? Is the afr going to need adjusted? Springs and retainers? I need to be as reliable as possible

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhubbs255 View Post
    Issue found. Motor mounts are shot and motor was bouncing around letting water in. Going to get the rebuild kits maybe or just new mounts. Just got a sc with a 137+4. I still need some direction. Springs and retainers?
    springs and retainers are for rpm over 8300, when you put new motor mts in ,you need to check your engine aliment, it sounds like you need a new rubber bellow for your driveshaft too.

+1
    I would run larger injectors. 48's or 50's. When you get the 137x4 you should be monitoring your afr's.
    There are things you can do to get it faster without the 137x4, but you will not reach 80mph with the stock charger unless you upgrade the ECU.

+1
    You think I'll get to 80 without an ecu just the charger and injectors?

Nope.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information