Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    +1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200519_092103.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	461904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200519_092215.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	461905

Here's my oil after about 30 minutes of use. Took out the oil filter and looks gritty at the bottom. Bumbed out a bit not sure what I should do. The machine ran good but only ran it for half hour. Took valve cover off all looks good in there. On the head were valve cover screws go in around each hole was a little gritty. Any ideas guys without doing a complete rebuild. I'm really not sure what could have been I didn't go into the bottom of the motor and everything on the top and it's just bolt on bolt offClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200519_093358.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	461907

+1
    So I poured some new rotella in a glass to compare and it is a more cloudy ish oil than I thought so the oil color is not a concern I don't think. I'm just use to it being nice and brown when new or BLACK when old. Looking further 99 percent of what I'm seeing is just debris/dirt. I'm almost wondering if the conditions of the shop I was working in was just so filthy that some debris got into the motor and maybe even some black dried up paint. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200519_100853.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	461911Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200519_101501.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	461912
    I took some oil out of the engine and ran it through a paper towel and didn't find anything...Maybe some gasket sealer also go into the oil?.

+1
    Could be any of those things. I know that with a new head gasket you will get some small black specs in the coolant. I never really looked for it in the oil, but either way I would not sweat it.

+1
    First, Troy thank you
    Do you think the color is concerning, I'm freaking out a little, mainly because of how. Much grit was in the oil filter housing. Is it normal after you pull an engine and completely drain it to have that little bit of grit. Does it. Look like fuel in my oil? I'm changing the oil and filter. What should I look out for?

+1
    Man guys thank you for all advice but all my issues are looking to come from my lack of thoroughly going through things. Water in oil came from me having the hose on while engine off for 10 seconds. I flushed all that out. Now...... My battery wasn't secured enough apparently so it came loose over the weekend,. Ski shut off mid run after hours of great use. Low voltage message. Tightened the terminals and no start. Fuel pump now not priming or coming on at all. When I noticed the battery it was upside down in the hull. So I'll pull the pump and see if it's damage but I doubt it. All fuses good. Any ideas could the battery short cause something to fry... No codes on display and turns over strong but not getting any fuel. Hoping the electronics aren't toast because no codes. The ski was bogging down during the last run like it was starving for fuel but ran for hours amazing for 2 days.I was adjusting fuel pressure with the regulator the day before not sure if that had anything to do with it but it must be battery related. What should I do I don't see any pulled wires.

+1
    Well today the pump comes on but no pressure showing on rrfpr. Took off the feed line to the rrfpr and tried and no fuel came out but fuel tank had maybe 1 cup of gas that's it and was showing over half tank before I pulled out the pump???

+1
    It was the fuel pump. Somehow it broke in half making it read gas when it was empty. Replaced and good as new. Kinda hard tuning as this ski does not want to stay hooked up man this hull likes to hop out of the water. Still tuning fuel. The Riva site says turning right increases fuel left decreases but mines backwards I think. Skis running good but I was so far off it was in the mid to hi 9s afr at WOT so hopefully I find some glass to scoot and and get this thing dialed. I bent my prop a bit so I'm off the limiter but think I'm only getting 8100-8200 max so def more tweaking

+1
    Glad to see you got your fueling issue figured out. I would try to get your afrs up a little before you try tweaking your prop. You will definitely pick up some rpm by leaning out your afr. Also do not run it to long that rich as you will wash down your cylinders and dump an excess amount of fuel in your oil, which will lead to more bad days.

+1
    So checked oil again today... For 1 second oil light came on and ski bogged down but power came right back. Usually when changing oil it's very hard and long to pump it out. This time it was hot and it came screaming out of the pump and kinda grey again. Hopefully it came out so fast because it was so warm. I can barley read it on the dip stick it's so light. I simply cannot tell if something is getting in it.... Smells like... Oil.... Tried lighting it on fire to see if fuel is getting in because for 30 min it ran super rich like in the 9's. Will the water separate in the container I pumped it into.... Hull is bone dry. Starts every time. On the dash I'm only getting 74ish but that's factory and I'm coming unhooked. I'm changing the oil again...

+1
    Think fuels getting into it. Hopefully because it was running rich. Didn't have this issue before the year down. I have the afrs better. 13ish at idle 12 is cruising and 11.5-12 wot still a tad rich

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information