3rd gen RXT (2018) steering is shit

So i've have been waiting for my 18's adjustable steering column to finally shit the bed and it did this weekend. Great offshore conditions this weekend and was running hard, found a hole, no big deal until the column ratcheted forward a few inches almost putting my face through the cluster. I've had the thing ratchet forward on me before but its basically been locked in this position since then as a I left it all the way up/forward assuming it could not physically move any further...obviously i was wrong.

Anyway finally made it back to the coast and to my computer as I was sure that someone had an aftermarket steering column for these and to my surprise I have found nothing other than Riva's "pro steering system"https://rivaracing.com/i-24078500-ri...ng-system.html which only changes out the stem and bars... lol how can it be pro if it leaves the biggest flaw still in play? anyway please tell me someone has a solution for this before I burn this thing.
    Thanks!

My 2019 RXT-X 300 failed this afternoon as well. Caught a few waves and after the second one the bars ratcheted past the hard stop and got stuck in the full up position. Got it back to the house, pried the ratchet tooth back into place, but it will not stay in one position. 21 hours on the clock. Would love to be able to lock it in one postion.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillss1 View Post
    My 2019 RXT-X 300 failed this afternoon as well. Caught a few waves and after the second one the bars ratcheted past the hard stop and got stuck in the full up position. Got it back to the house, pried the ratchet tooth back into place, but it will not stay in one position. 21 hours on the clock. Would love to be able to lock it in one postion.
    Same thing happened with me, used a flat head to get it back where it goes and when I got home cleaned up the burr with sandpaper and it’s been fine. Although now that’s I’m thinking about it again I may add a piece of aluminum to keep it from going past the stop.

+1
    It just amazes me at the balls the corporate a$$holes have to find ways to make everything cheaper while still charging the buyer more and laughing until their pockets are fully lined. Makes me sick!!

Thread Information