Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhammond35 View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement! I agree, I know the supercharger needs rebuilt right away. Is that easy to do yourself? It looks easy to get off I can’t imagine it’s to hard to rebuild
    Its one of those parts that when it fails... So does the engine... Jerry is the man for it. $450 is like paying him $150 for peace of mind..

+1
    60 compression and even on all cylinder is actually good, it would be low if the timing chain snapped because the valves are not opening.
    Simple to check, no "tearing into it" just remove the valve cover and see if the chain broke. Valves may not be damaged.
    Of couse if the chain is snapped, then you have to pull the engine and tear into it to put on a new chain.

Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    60 compression and even on all cylinder is actually good, it would be low if the timing chain snapped because the valves are not opening.
    Simple to check, no "tearing into it" just remove the valve cover and see if the chain broke. Valves may not be damaged.
    Of couse if the chain is snapped, then you have to pull the engine and tear into it to put on a new chain.
    Any tutorials out there? I just did a quick search and didn’t find anything. I’ll pull the valve cover tomorrow btw. Great info to, I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    Its one of those parts that when it fails... So does the engine... Jerry is the man for it. $450 is like paying him $150 for peace of mind..
    I agree, I remember when I used to have a spark and I frequented this forum everyone would talk about him and always nothing but good things so I’d go with him for sure. Thanks!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I send all of my chargers to Jerry, it's the least I can do to help support the forum

and I sleep better knowing that somebody who has done hundreds of them is taking care of mine

I make a couple of hours labor on the in and out ( and there is always alot more when somebody comes in for a charger rebuild) so it's no problem for me at all.

He's never disappointed me.

Okay everyone, today I pulled the valve cover and tried using the nut in the supercharger to crank the engine, it will not crank it tho. Does that mean the chain is snapped? I tried starting it and the sprocket didn’t move either

+1
    Turning the nut on the supercharger will not turn the engine. It is designed to slip at a much lower torque (71-106 inch pounds) than required to turn the engine if the head is on. You should be able to see the chain if the valve cover is off. When you said that you tried starting it do you mean you cranked the engine but the cam sprocket was not turning. If that is the case, you do have a broken timing chain.

+1
    Did your compression gauge show an even 60 for all cylinders? Good chance your gauge isnít accurate. Cylinders donít wear or all fail the same. If you had a cylinder, piston, or head issue causing low compression, you would likely see a large difference in compression numbers between the cylinders. Unless you have confidence in the compression gauge, I would bet you donít have low compression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information