Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2019 Yamaha VX Limited, 2019 VX Cruiser HO, same top speed? First post...new owner

First post, new WaveRunner owner.

Just bought a 2019 Yamaha VX Limited, and a 2019 VX Cruiser HO.

Did the recommended break in procedures, and then let em rip. The VX Limited is quite peppy with the TR-1, and was running 51-52 on my iPhone gps, mimicking the skis speedo closely. That was with me at 190, my 120 gf and 1/2 tank. Pretty pleased with that on a breezy, choppy lake! Tach pulls hard to near 8k.

We then did the same on the VX Cruiser HO yesterday, and the fastest I could get, on much smoother water, was 52.6, indicator shows 51-53. So I took it out by myself, when down to 1/4 tank, and still only 52ish. Tach wont pass 7k rpm. Impeller is clear, learn mode off, no water in the hull.

Dealer has been of little help so far. Any thoughts here?

50hp more should be good for 60+, and all the tests/reviews/forums seem to implicate I should be seeing 60+ out of her.

What gives???
    Last edited by K447; 07-17-2019 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Thread title

+1
    You should see 62 on that machine all day. There is something wrong. Make sure it’s not in “learner mode”.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    You should see 62 on that machine all day. There is something wrong. Make sure it’s not in “learner mode”.
    Definitely is NOT in learn mode. I even put it in learn, then tooknit back out. No difference. Thanks for your info.

Update: two different dealer service managers have now told me that the HO will be in reduced power mode until it clicks 10hours.

Has anyone else heard this?
    Last edited by JRod28; 07-16-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Hi welcome, can you help me? I dont know how to put a post

I'd rather be riding!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JRod28 View Post
    Update: two different dealer service managers have now told me that the HO will be in reduced power mode until it clicks 10hours.

Has as anyone else heard this?
    I recently bought a 19 cruiser HO. Broke in according to manual for 1st 2 hours, then let her rip. Been hitting 60+ since the break in. The 10hour thing is not correct. Something wrong with your ski. Should be under warranty.

I would check the spark plugs. It's possible one (or more) of them is broken/fouled or not tight.

Quote Originally Posted by JRod28 View Post

Has as anyone else heard this?
    This only applies to Sea-Doo watercraft.... Not so sure I'd let those people diagnose my WaveRunner, your watercraft will do 60+ no matter the hour.

I agree about checking spark plugs and plug wires.

What dealer is this so people can watch out?

That is the consensus, that this thing should be at least 10mph faster.

Ill check the oil, plugs, for loose intake etc. thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by LivingSlow View Post
    This only applies to Sea-Doo watercraft.... Not so sure I'd let those people diagnose my WaveRunner, your watercraft will do 60+ no matter the hour.

I agree about checking spark plugs and plug wires.

What dealer is this so people can watch out?
    I’ll check the plugs after bit. Looks like they should be gapped at .028-.031. I’ll check for burn color as well and tight wire fit.

This thing so far also seems terrible on fuel, as it was full with 2.6 hours on it, and at 7.5, it’s showing 1/4 tank(2bars). 12gal for 5hrs of riding sounds excessive, especially when not towing and only 1/2 of full load.

This was one of the service managers at a huge dealership
    in Austin TX, as well as the service manager in the Dallas area dealership I bought them from. Sounds suspect to me as well.

UPDATE:
    Pulled all four plugs, even burn, looks like a good A/F mix, all were .030”-.031” gap, and sufficiently torqued. Oil level cold(inside 100° garage) is at or very slightly above the top hole on the dipstick. All connections on electric and hoses are snug. Nothing wrong with grate/impeller.

Doing my my due diligence. Any other thoughts would be great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information