Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If it's not the basics, it's warranty related. I know your confidence in dealership service is minimum but I'm afraid they'll have to take a look. That warranty/service contract should travel to any Yamaha Certified Dealership.

Your 1.0L and 1.8L shouldn't be running the same speeds. Those folks are giving you the run around on an obvious problem.
    Last edited by LivingSlow; 07-17-2019 at 08:08 AM.

2. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JRod28 View Post
    I’ll check the plugs after bit. Looks like they should be gapped at .028-.031. I’ll check for burn color as well and tight wire fit.

This thing so far also seems terrible on fuel, as it was full with 2.6 hours on it, and at 7.5, it’s showing 1/4 tank(2bars). 12gal for 5hrs of riding sounds excessive, especially when not towing and only 1/2 of full load.

This was one of the service managers at a huge dealership
    in Austin TX, as well as the service manager in the Dallas area dealership I bought them from. Sounds suspect to me as well.
    I know Conroe is a little bit of a drive for you, but CycleShack North in Conroe is where I take mine. They have a really good mechanic. If the dealership doesn't even know that Yamaha's don't come limited like sea doos far as breaking the ski in, I would definitely find a better dealer

4. +1 by:

That’s exactly what I told them. My local dealer, that I did not buy from, is notorious for pushing non-customers to the back of the line for warranty work. Sometimes for weeks.

+1
    Update: two different dealer service managers have now told me that the HO will be in reduced power mode until it clicks 10hours.

Has anyone else heard this?
    thats BS

7. +1 by:

+1
    UPDATE:
    Pulled all four plugs, even burn, looks like a good A/F mix, all were .030-.031 gap, and sufficiently torqued. Oil level cold(inside 100 garage) is at or very slightly above the top hole on the dipstick. All connections on electric and hoses are snug. Nothing wrong with grate/impeller.

Doing my my due diligence. Any other thoughts would be great.
    How did you check your oil? Did you run the ski before checking it or was that checking the oil on a cold engine?

Quote Originally Posted by birel33 View Post
    How did you check your oil? Did you run the ski before checking it or was that checking the oil on a cold engine?
    Cold engine while level(about 100 ambient)

I have 2 vx ho’s. Both run 62ish mph in fresh water lake 900’ above sea level. As stated something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojote View Post
    I have 2 vx ho’s. Both run 62ish mph in fresh water lake 900’ above sea level. As stated something is wrong.
    Elevation here is 3005’ temp low 90’s, and today after the 10hr mark, with just me(190#) and 1/4 tank, I GPS’d 56.1. Speedo read 55-58. Tach still never touched 7000. Also managed to go from full tank to 1/4 in less than 4 hrs runtime. Most of that was launching off wakes, but still. My VXLimited used less than a 1/2 in the same time. It was running 50 today with my GF and Daughter and a full tank.

Caling Tuesday to set of a service appointment, let them fake-lake it and see that the revs just aren’t there.

Quote Originally Posted by birel33 View Post
    After a couple hours on the water, I let it sit for 30 mins and checked it. Crystal clear and dead nuts between the marks on the dipstick. Don’t think that the issue

+1
    Elevation here is 3005’ temp low 90’s, and today after the 10hr mark, with just me(190#) and 1/4 tank, I GPS’d 56.1. Speedo read 55-58. Tach still never touched 7000. Also managed to go from full tank to 1/4 in less than 4 hrs runtime. Most of that was launching off wakes, but still. My VXLimited used less than a 1/2 in the same time. It was running 50 today with my GF and Daughter and a full tank.

Caling Tuesday to set of a service appointment, let them fake-lake it and see that the revs just aren’t there.
    3000 ft? Wow. All bets are off then. Solution....go to lower elevation

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information