Ultra 150 oil out exhaust and misfire

Hello everyone,

Ive split this up into 2 parts 1 is the background/how i got it to run & 2 is the problem itself, thanks.

1. I have a 2001 Ultra 150 that's been sitting for 2-3 years because it was running rough and we noticed oil on the water and the cost to fix back them was as much as the ski. So I decided I'd try and figure out if I can fix it. After adding a little oil to the cylinders and ruining compression(cold), they are in normal range (120-130 psi on all 3). I siphoned the gas out, added some fresh gas, and it would crank but not start. I primed the carbs using a funnel attached to the gas lines and after that it started right up and i reconnected it to the tank line.

2. At this point I restarted the engine and turned on the water & started recording video( attached link). During this video, i noticed oil coming out of the exhaust and onto the ground. I wondered if one of the cylinders was misfiring and i pulled the plugs 1 by 1 to test. Pulling #3 (furthest back) and there was no noticeable difference. Pulled #2 slight drop in rpm, #1 stalls. I checked the oil pump cable and it seemed to be operating properly. I tested today with pre-mixed 50 to 1 and pinched off the oil lines going to the carbs only and used fresh spark plugs. Noticed a significant less amount of oil coming out of the exhaust as described in the earlier post. However, cylinder number three was still misfiring. I tested compressions again after letting the engine warm up and they are as follows 120 121 92 (front to rear) {initial cold compression was 130 125 120}. Tested for spark and all three cylinders have spark. I have attached pictures below of the spark plugs after running the engine for a couple minutes. Any advice eould be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Josh

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-12-21-30-16~2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	450869

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    First check to make sure the choke blades are full open.

+1
    Welcome aboard, rockman!

Don't be pinching off the oil lines. Extra oil won't hurt anything.

The pop-off valves for the oil lines probably leaked during storage and flooded the crankcase with oil. Looks like the rear plug isn't firing.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Welcome aboard, rockman!

Don't be pinching off the oil lines. Extra oil won't hurt anything.

The pop-off valves for the oil lines probably leaked during storage and flooded the crankcase with oil. Looks like the rear plug isn't firing.
    Thanks Steve! The only reason why I pinch off the oil lines was I was suspecting that the carbs were getting too much oil. My concern is that the low compression is causing a misfire and there may be oil from the crankcase going into the cylinder is causing all the oil to come out the exhaust as shown in the video. I tested all the plugs for spark and they are all working.

+1
    If you have excessive oil in the crankcase, pull the spark plugs and ground the wires, cover the plug holes with an old towel, then crank the engine with the starter. It can make a big mess if there is a lot of oil!

After that, it probably won't cause a problem if the engine is run periodically.

Update: swapped engines with a newly rebuilt one (because of low compression) and now cyl 3 is still misfiring as well as small amounts of oil in exhaust water (I assume from unburnt fuel). I checked spark and all 3 are getting spark, swapped coils & wires just to be sure and still missing on cyl 3. When cranking the enine without the sparkplugs in, fuel mixture does come out of all holes. Compression good on all 3 cylinders currently performing carb rebuild but other than some debris in the top side of the carbs, nothing appears to be clogged.

Thread Information