Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

+1

Et137 + 4mm with some stock parts

Hi, is the ET137 + 4mm okay to run 15 psi off stock forged pistons, piston rings and connecting rods? Thanks

+1
    i got about 50 hours on mine till the rings in number 3 and my intake manifold decided it was enough

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r1goombah View Post
    i got about 50 hours on mine till the rings in number 3 and my intake manifold decided it was enough
    Is boring cylinders for oversized pistons typically done after piston rings go? Or re-sleeve to stock size?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    Hi, is the ET137 + 4mm okay to run 15 psi off stock forged pistons, piston rings and connecting rods? Thanks

Yes, with reduced ignition timing and a good IC.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Yes, with reduced ignition timing and a good IC.
    Looks like a buddy blew his engine with this set up and a Riva Tune... Siemens ECU... Compartment full of oil, Dip stick push out completely, coolant was full and clean. It started to smoke, white oily smell, oil filter had very little metal particles and #2 spark plug was oil covered/soaked. I am guess that he lost piston rings in #2. I'll be giving him a hand to remove and reinstall. Will take pictures as we go.
    Anyone heard of RaceLab tunes..?

+1
    Looks like a buddy blew his engine with this set up and a Riva Tune... Siemens ECU... Compartment full of oil, Dip stick push out completely, coolant was full and clean. It started to smoke, white oily smell, oil filter had very little metal particles and #2 spark plug was oil covered/soaked. I am guess that he lost piston rings in #2. I'll be giving him a hand to remove and reinstall. Will take pictures as we go.
    Anyone heard of RaceLab tunes..?

Well, its premature to blame it all on a Riva tune. Need more background on this ski.

+1
    Well, its premature to blame it all on a Riva tune. Need more background on this ski.
    Riva can't tune a Siemens ECU. The AFRs were never near perfect as Riva was unable to refine the tune but they said it looks "good". Ignition timing was not viewable with the MaptunerX and he was told that they cannot see the ignition timing with the siemens ECUs. Engine had 80 hours when upgraded to the ET137+4MM. The original cylinders were like new and measured within specs as per machine shop, simply honed and new stock piston rings sized as needed to the original stock forged pistons. I'll take pictures as we go, with the tear down.

Guess who now owns a Riva dyno that got repo'd (purchased from bank)?
    Last edited by tiderider; 07-13-2019 at 12:01 PM.

+1
    I would also say yes you can. A lot will also depend on the quality of fuel as well

+1
    Riva can't tune a Siemens ECU. The AFRs were never near perfect as Riva was unable to refine the tune but they said it looks "good". Ignition timing was not viewable with the MaptunerX and he was told that they cannot see the ignition timing with the siemens ECUs. Engine had 80 hours when upgraded to the ET137+4MM. The original cylinders were like new and measured within specs as per machine shop, simply honed and new stock piston rings sized as needed to the original stock forged pistons. I'll take pictures as we go, with the tear down.

Guess who now owns a Riva dyno that got repo'd (purchased from bank)?

In the past, Riva had tuned ECU's available for the 215 and 255 skis. I purchased one for my 2008 TX, along with a Mini-Rude S/Cer, Riva rrfpr and retainers for 8600 rpm. Ski ran great with that setup. I have commented several times that newbi's need to use the search function for all sorts topics, but this is especially true for Siemens based skis. There's tons of useful info to be found.

Back to your situation, was AFR monitored with at least a gauge? Opps, never mind, saw your other thread....ignition timing should be no more than 32* WOT as others using Bosch based skis have damaged engines (with the same setup) at 33-34* ignition timing.
    Last edited by 1tommygunner1927; 07-13-2019 at 01:40 PM.

+1
    In the past, Riva had tuned ECU's available for the 215 and 255 skis. I purchased one for my 2008 TX, along with a Mini-Rude S/Cer, Riva rrfpr and retainers for 8600 rpm. Ski ran great with that setup. I have commented several times that newbi's need to use the search function for all sorts topics, but this is especially true for Siemens based skis. There's tons of useful info to be found.

Back to your situation, was AFR monitored with at least a gauge?
    Yes, Buddy was monitoring AFRs all the time with the Maptunerx and a plx, New, wideband bosch O2 sensor.. Numerous tunes where tried and it seemed that Riva was just guessing or just throwing tunes out of the air.
    Riva never gave a tune where you can progressively see it getting better at each try.
    Ignition timing does not show up on the maptunerX for the 2007 siemens ECU or for Riva to view.
    I believe 2008 siemens Might work with Riva but 2007 is a NO GO.

I have been made aware from another tuner that the 2007 Siemens ECU and Cluster can be programmed with Xmaps, which can then be Tuned.. They are fixing all the Riva fuck ups for Seadoos and Yamahas.

It never got progressively better with the Riva tunes, even after 10 tries.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information