Why water must be off if jet ski not running during flushing with garden hose

If the garden hose adapter is connected during flushing of the jet ski with the water running and the jet ski stalls , what damage can be caused by not shutting off the water immediately. How much time do you have to shut the water off before it's a problem ?

+1
    Based on my personal familiarity with Yamaha's, the window of time is NOT THAT narrow. Not like you've got to be an ex-Olympic-sprinter or anything like that !

If it stalls (and I can't say mine has EVER stalled - yet if in a rare moment it did), just walk back to the hose bib and leisurely shut it off.
    Better-yet .... kink the hose there & reach-in and disconnect the quick flush fitting.
    If ya got side-track, went into the house, 3-5 minutes later .... well, you likely got a problem.

Good question, but not sure it be fair to ever baseline the exact grace-period one has - imagine that would be variable, predicated on given home water pressures, hose efficiency, craft model, and how full the water-lock is already.

3. +1 by:

+1
    That’s why you have a valve on the end of your hose.

+1
    I just put a valve on the garden hose. The issue is that the water pressure can back up though the water box and start filling up the combustion chambers of cylinders that have the exhaust valves open when the motor is off. So get one of those garden hose valves at Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware and have it on the hose somewhere between the flush adapter and the hose. Turn off the valve, open the spigot, crank the engine, open the valve. Before you stop the engine, turn off the valve, then kill the engine, disconnect the flush adapter, shut off the spigot.

Those that flush need to get two quick disconnects at HD or lowes. Go to the plumbing-sprinkler section. Get one for the waverunner for flushing and one for your pressure washer. I would get 3 QD's. The 3rd is wired to the frame of the pressure washer because the QD's are plastic.

+1
    No need to over-complicate it with extra valves & disconnects. . . assuming this is Yamaha, there's already a disconnect - just reach in & 1/4 turn the flush port.
    Can also relocate the flush port through the hull if desire more convenient access.

Thread Information