+1

Condensation and staring issues.

Seeing that the aftermarket intercoolers can cause quite a bid of condensation within the tube and manifold that feed the engine. Is it possible, after running it and having it off for a few hours, be difficult to start up due to the condensation within the tubes, intercooler, intake manifold?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    Seeing that the aftermarket intercoolers can cause quite a bid of condensation within the tube and manifold that feed the engine. Is it possible, after running it and having it off for a few hours, be difficult to start up due to the condensation within the tubes, intercooler, intake manifold?
    Is it modified?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Is it modified?
    Yes it is, et137+4mm, 60 injectors, rrfpr, riva tune, 4 inch air intake with no filter, f1000, new MATS. rrfpr set to 58 static as per tune. AFRs are okay. Once started it runs like its stolen. It started and ran flawlessly with the ET127, XS intercooler, 42 injectors, 4 inch air intake, riva tune, rrfpr for 30 hours, before the ET137. Engine has 50 hours.

+1
    Yes it is, et137+4mm, 60 injectors, rrfpr, riva tune, 4 inch air intake with no filter, f1000, new MATS. rrfpr set to 58 static as per tune. AFRs are okay. Once started it runs like its stolen. It ran flawlessly with the ET127 and XS intercooler for 30 hours, before the ET137. Engine has 50 hours.
    What AFR does it idle at when warmed up? The injectors are likely leaking Slightly, or the startup/ idle tune is too fat. Is that the old Riva 8600 flash meant for 50s? The Bosch 48’s actually worked better than the 50s did, but u needed the rising rate ref line hooked up. 60’s Are probably too much for it, and you really need a CMD, with autotune to get it dialed in perfectly

+1
    What AFR does it idle at when warmed up? The injectors are likely leaking Slightly, or the startup/ idle tune is too fat. Is that the old Riva 8600 flash meant for 50s? The Bosch 48’s actually worked better than the 50s did, but u needed the rising rate ref line hooked up. 60’s Are probably too much for it, and you really need a CMD, with autotune to get it dialed in perfectly
    Hi Its a 9200 tune for 60 injectors as per the tuner (They said either 60 or 80 are fine). Injectors have under 20 hours on them siemens deka 60s. I tested the spark plugs and injectors for leaks with the candoo and no leaks, a few hours back. I'll attach the tables with the recent tune. Its difficult to tune the 2007 siemens ECU for some reason. Idle is 13ish warmed up. Maybe I can dial down the RRFPR to perhaps 53 or 55 Psi and see how it reacts to start up and AFRs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AFR graph.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	450690  
    Last edited by tiderider; 07-10-2019 at 06:40 PM.

+1
    Hi Its a 9200 tune for 60 injectors as per the tuner (They said either 60 or 80 are fine). Injectors have under 20 hours on them siemens deka 60s. I tested the spark plugs and injectors for leaks with the candoo and no leaks, a few hours back. I'll attach the tables with the recent tune. Its difficult to tune the 2007 siemens ECU for some reason. Idle is 13ish warmed up. Maybe I can dial down the RRFPR to perhaps 53 or 55 Psi and see how it reacts to start up and AFRs.
    No, you usually set the rising rate regulator for the proper AFR @ wide-open throttle only. The rest is in the tune & injectors it was mapped for. The only way to dial-in the idle and mid range is with a CMD or power commander , unless you have a way to tune the 07’ ECU.
    Also at that RPM limit, I would be running much closer to 11.7 wide open throttle. 12.5 is to lean IMO

7. +1 by:

+1
    No, you usually set the rising rate regulator for the proper AFR @ wide-open throttle only. The rest is in the tune & injectors it was mapped for. The only way to dial-in the idle and mid range is with a CMD or power commander , unless you have a way to tune the 07’ ECU.
    Also at that RPM limit, I would be running much closer to 11.7 wide open throttle. 12.5 is to lean IMO
    Hey, nice turbo build by the way! Thanks for your time and experience!
    What would you say I should be seeing for AFRs at idle through 5000 Rpms? 5000 through 6000 rpms? 6000 through WOT which would put me around 8600/8700 Rpms?

Thank you

Thread Information