+1

What is done at the 10 hour service?

My dealer is pushing me hard to do the 10 hour service on my rxt x 300, and a large part of me agrees with the logic, even though it is not required per the owners manual until 50 hours. I can't stomach leaving the oil in for that long after break in. What I don't agree with is the $400 price tag to change the oil and the plugs. They indicate there are a lot of "inspections" that they do. My questions is, what are they inspecting? I will have them perform the 50 and 100 hour services simply to ensure I don't run into any warranty issues(as that is what the manual calls for).

This also seems like a good way to get acquainted with the mechanics of my new ski so that if something happens out in the water I have an idea of what it *should* look like. Being that I will have the other services done by an "authorized seadoo" place to avoid warranty issues, I'm looking at this ten hour service as an opportunity for myself.

If anyone has a detailed list of items to check, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,

Thatís a scam, my dealer said it only needs oil once per year. Iím at 25 hours and the oil is still like new and it hasnít burned a drop. Also, itís $125 here for a full synthetic oil service. Upstate NY area.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    outside of the oil/filter change every clamp on the ski will be checked for tightness, the charging system will be checked and the engine error log will be reviewed. Might do a compression check for "effect". Smear some lube on the steering cable

I do a full service on a 300 for $225. Best thing you can do now is tighten all the clamps and find an independent shop with a code scanner that can do the services for you

$400 is overpriced, way.

the most important clamps outside the cooling system is the supercharger outlet. they will sometimes blow off the fitting with the resulting performance problems

not having dealer service cannot be used to deny warranty claims, as long as for example, your new shop neglects to tighten the oil filter cap, or underfills the engine with oil. All you need are receipts from the shop.

I pay careful attention when I get a customer confident enough to hand me their new 300. A full detailed invoice is supplied listing all parts installed

oil is cheap engine insurance. If I was lucky enough to have a new 300 in my driveway, I'd be changing the oil at 10 and fifty, then at the end of every season

4. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks Pete!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RG5384 View Post
    Thanks Pete!
    By the way my posted hour rate is $125 as high as any dealer Iíve seen. Itís gone up over the last ten years from $85 due to yearly liability insurance increases

Thread Information