RXPX 300 Riva Intake Grate VS R&D

Hey guys, ive seen quite a few threads about this topic on here but thought I would get a little more specific with a question I had. So I have 2 stage 2 RXPX 300s and I just fixed one of them after the intake grate ripped out of the hull and almost sank. Besides the props and an intercooler the skis are basically identical. However when choosing my new intake grate I went with a riva instead of R&D and I am noticing quite a few differences in the way each ski corners and launches on a straight away. The ski with the Riva intake doesn't seem to corner worth a S**T. Sounds like a blender with a bunch of bubbles and water in the jet pump. The R&D grate ski will corner like a mofo and does it smooth with no vibration or "blender noise" and catches hard. Each ski performs about the same on a hullshot and will launch like crazy. I compared the two grates before assembly and it seems that the R&D grate has bigger and wider blades for water intake than the Riva. Just not sure if I should look into a second R&D intake or if I should be looking into other possible damage that occurred during the intake grate ripping off. Maybe carbon ring? or drive shaft?

Any help is appreciated.

Anyone else have the same issue with the RIVA grate?

Reviving this post from the past. Still looking to see if anyone has had the same issue with the Riva Grates?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by csacket View Post
    Reviving this post from the past. Still looking to see if anyone has had the same issue with the Riva Grates?

I've used riva grates on many skis, always been very happy with them. That being said I do have a like new R&D grate I can sell you cheap if you need one.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    I've used riva grates on many skis, always been very happy with them. That being said I do have a like new R&D grate I can sell you cheap if you need one.
    R&D grate all the way and a great deal too!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by csacket View Post
    Why don't you swap the Riva grate with the R+D one that you're running on the other ski and see if the performance characteristics change?

I planned on doing that this next season. Got busy and its sort of a PITA with all the silicon. I definitely notice differences in the R&D vs the Riva. The R&D makes the ski feel like it is glued to the water. Prop hardly ever comes out in chop. I plan on installing an R&D where the riva is this season just didn't have the time (or money) for a new grate.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    Why don't you swap the Riva grate with the R+D one that you're running on the other ski and see if the performance characteristics change?

Thread Information