Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63
  1. #11
    Skied on the new pylon 8 times I cannot see any signs of fatigue on the post yet. Dealer told me they have not had any problems with the pylon.


  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    I have to agree with Sea Dood, I can feel a skier or wakeboarder on my Tige. I can only imagine how bad the ski is yanked around.
    So you "have to agree" with the guy who has admitted no experience with pylon towing on a jetski (but you know, is a real real bad ass slalom skier), because you also can "only imagine" and also have zero experience with what the OP is asking...

    Got it... Thanks.


    In other news, I would be interested to see how this goes for you OP. I got a '19 RXT-X and was thinking about getting the Pylon and would be using it for towing all sorts of stuff for fun. I have a friend with a 2016 and 2018 WAKE 230 and 260 I believe (not sure on their exact ski) but both of them have the pylon and they have been towing tubes/wakeboards/skiers/wake surf/kneeboards and so on with out any issues.

    Keep us posted, sounds like you may have just got a faulty one, or that in fact you are laying cuts so hard you really are stressing it.
    Should you be able to run on it, I would think so, based on what I have seen in person, but I also haven't seen you lay down carves haha

  3. #13
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    1,661
    +1
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by SIECIKSuc View Post
    So you "have to agree" with the guy who has admitted no experience with pylon towing on a jetski (but you know, is a real real bad ass slalom skier), because you also can "only imagine" and also have zero experience with what the OP is asking...

    Got it... Thanks.
    If you think being towed behind a 1 foot wake, is riding knock yourself out bro. Tell you what ride behind a pro-tow boat either a Corect Craft, Super Air Nautique, Malibu or Tige. Then tell me that, that pole will hold up. The PLASTIC POLE, is great for 8 year old kids learning to riding. Not 200lb adults, 10 ft in the air.

  4. +1 by:


  5. #14

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Stamford CT
    Posts
    133
    Here is what Sea Doo has to say about the ski pylon:


    It does work great for quickly securely a couple of coolers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0330.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	451298  

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    If you think being towed behind a 1 foot wake, is riding knock yourself out bro. Tell you what ride behind a pro-tow boat either a Corect Craft, Super Air Nautique, Malibu or Tige. Then tell me that, that pole will hold up. The PLASTIC POLE, is great for 8 year old kids learning to riding. Not 200lb adults, 10 ft in the air.
    Dude you are not doing yourself any favors with your replies.
    The only "point" you are making is that you are in fact as much of a pompous shit-sipping ass-clown as your first post made you seem.

    We get it... you are 200lbs of flying steel and sex appeal and also somehow also 10 ft in the air... while slalom skiing.
    Fucking Rad Bro....

    We get it... you know everything about how much better Pro-Tow Boats are when compared to getting pulled behind a jetski.
    We get it... EVERYONE should listen to you, even though your babbling about shit that has nothing to do with the OP's question.
    We get it...

    You can stop responding now.

    Thanks,

  7. #16
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    1,661
    +1
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by SIECIKSuc View Post
    Dude you are not doing yourself any favors with your replies.
    The only "point" you are making is that you are in fact as much of a pompous shit-sipping ass-clown as your first post made you seem.

    We get it... you are 200lbs of flying steel and sex appeal and also somehow also 10 ft in the air... while slalom skiing.
    Fucking Rad Bro....

    We get it... you know everything about how much better Pro-Tow Boats are when compared to getting pulled behind a jetski.
    We get it... EVERYONE should listen to you, even though your babbling about shit that has nothing to do with the OP's question.
    We get it...

    You can stop responding now.

    Thanks,
    I hear Sparks are great to wakeboard behind too, that 90hp really pulls.

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by SIECIKSuc View Post
    Dude you are not doing yourself any favors with your replies.
    The only "point" you are making is that you are in fact as much of a pompous shit-sipping ass-clown as your first post made you seem.

    We get it... you are 200lbs of flying steel and sex appeal and also somehow also 10 ft in the air... while slalom skiing.
    Fucking Rad Bro....

    We get it... you know everything about how much better Pro-Tow Boats are when compared to getting pulled behind a jetski.
    We get it... EVERYONE should listen to you, even though your babbling about shit that has nothing to do with the OP's question.
    We get it...

    You can stop responding now.

    Thanks,
    All I can say is this analogy. Guy goes onto a tool forum and says, "I am trying to drive screws into a wall using a butter knife, the knife keeps breaking, have any of you guys had this experience?" Then follows it up with "I am getting the butter knife replaced under warranty, do you think it will happen again?" I respond on that forum that the guy is a fucking idiot, the butter knife aint the proper fucking tool for the job.

    Then the OP and you tell me to STFU, that since I haven't tried using the butter knife to drive screws, I shouldn't be chiming into the thread.

    Clearly you are looking for other dipshits that are using the wrong fucking tool for the job....good luck with that.

  9. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ct.
    Posts
    426
    +1
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    All I can say is this analogy. Guy goes onto a tool forum and says, "I am trying to drive screws into a wall using a butter knife, the knife keeps breaking, have any of you guys had this experience?" Then follows it up with "I am getting the butter knife replaced under warranty, do you think it will happen again?" I respond on that forum that the guy is a fucking idiot, the butter knife aint the proper fucking tool for the job.

    Then the OP and you tell me to STFU, that since I haven't tried using the butter knife to drive screws, I shouldn't be chiming into the thread.

    Clearly you are looking for other dipshits that are using the wrong fucking tool for the job....good luck with that.
    EPIC...

  10. #19
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,220
    +1
    715
    Scalloping Monday and there was a wake pro with the entire pole ripped out of the rear deck, beached. That's literally I needed to see to never use it for towing someone. I could feel a wakeboarder behind my 23ft boat. I feel like this is kind a lawsuit waiting to happen

  11. #20
    For those of you that are truly interested in if you can ski behind a GTX 230 with the Sea Doo ski pylon I have skied with the new pylon about 15 times now. I am about 195 lbs and yeah Iím in my mid 50s now but physically I can pull any boat around with the best of them when skiing. I tried to find a picture of me skiing recently and this is the best I could find, just coming out of my turn. I didnít have any other pictures. My point is, with ski mode I like skiing behind my jet ski better than my boat. So far the new pylon has held up no signs of cracking yet. I spent a year trying to find out if I would have fun skiing behind the new ST3 hull and nobody could give me an answer. Now that I have the GTX I love it (yes if you are driving the ski gets yanked around) but I have not been disappointed. I am just not sure the pylon will hold up.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SOLD Sea Doo GTX-RXT ski pylon
    By mitsakosgt in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-27-2019, 08:15 AM
  2. Get Your Retractable Ski Pylon For Your LinQ Sea-Doo
    By Rustymuscle in forum The Watercraft Journal
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2019, 12:10 AM
  3. Sea doo ski Pylon experience ?
    By ecarnell in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-16-2018, 04:25 PM
  4. WTB Sea-doo retractable ski pylon 295100457
    By Lbaronio in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 08:27 PM
  5. FS 2005 Sea Doo RXT, 56 Hours, Trailer, cover, ski pylon, Mint!!
    By WMFwatercraft in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 12:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •