Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

+1
    The one that isn’t running I believe is not getting fuel. Fuel pump doesn’t prime after dess key is engaged. Is there a fuse block I could check first?

Also back to jumping, would it be ok to leave the cables on both batteries (charged/dead) so as to not damage the charging system as you referred to long enough to get a video running on the hose?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    you can hook a big fat battery to a skis wimpy one and as long as you leave the cable connected, no problem. make sure the cables will not come off.

as far as the fuel pump goes, its kinda of a dead issue. they are discontinued, and used ones get an insane amount of money. there is no proven third part alternative, regardless of what their ebay ads will say.

i am in possession of a ten hour one, but I have to pull it out of a xp-di parts ski, I'd want a small fortune for it also, as they have become very very hard to find and I'm hoping to pick up a storage queen that needs one for a song and bam, I have a good running ski. I've made good money stripping that ski over the years, as everybody has no problem with half priced used parts if Im doing the job for them and hand them a runner at a price they can live with

+1
    The newest "quantum" fuel pumps look VERY similar to the oem. I have used 2 this season and so far so good!!

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    The newest "quantum" fuel pumps look VERY similar to the oem.

I have used 2 this season and so far so good!!
    Link?

+1

+1
    Not sure how to post a video here, but I did upload me starting the running one. Maybe this link will work.

8. +1 by:

+1
    the startup and idle sounds just dandy to me!

and best of all no maint lamp flashing!

10. +1 by:

+1
    Nmpeter is it safe to rev the motor up on the hose? If so what kind of rpm’s should I be registering? I assume it’s bad to rev a ski that isn’t warmed up as well. Thanks for your input thus far.

Back to to the other ski. Is there a fuse for the fuel pump. Just want to know where to start looking since I don’t hear it prime when lanyard is plugged in.

+1
    you want to rev the ski up on the hose justr once to see if anything trips the maint lamp. you can ping it up to 4k rpm for a second or two after idling on the hose for about a minute. if there is a faulty air or fuel injector or other fault, it will trip off. If it doesn't you can put her in the water . make sure to go with a pal, who's sporting a 20 foot tow rope with rigging for a quick hook up between your skis. you never know.

it's worth the effort to test every fuse on the mpem with a meter, sometimes breaks can't easily be detected by the naked eye. Not sure if there is a dedicated fuse for the fuel pump

a trick that's been in use for a while to free a stuck fuel pump, cut the harness at the pump and reverse the wires. a couple of blips of reverse polarity might free up the pump, if it makes any sound at all, you might be good to go when the wiring is repaired. standard cautions working on electrics around a live fuel tank apply.

The fuel pump link looks promising, and certainly worth a shot to get the other ski running. I'd spend the money just to avoid having to pull the fuel pump from one ski to try in the other, knowing in the end I can sell the fuel pump for a small loss, and not have to handle fuel twice. I hate handling fuel these days. Kind of ironic for me ya think?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information