Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

FXSVHO Power Loss

HI Guys,
    I have a 2017 FXSVHO 68hours and its been really reliable but soon after finishing my Mods (Worx Cooling upgrade, Worx hi flow strainer, Worx Airfilter kit, Worx intake grate, worx ecu reflash, swapped to solas impeller to correct pitch as per Worx recommendation , Worx Trim extender, Worx billet throttle body damper. Worx ribbon delete, Worx pump seal kit.)

The ski will run hard for a few minutes but then dramatically drops in throttle response and sits around 6500-7500 RPM still smooth just has no power . when i release throttle for a few seconds it will go back to normal for a minute or so, than it will drop back to reduced power. i’ve checked/removed all my hoses on the SC side several times and checked for boost leaks fully pulling manifold to double check and there are no issues i can see relating to boost SC only spins one way which im told means the clutch is ok do they just go or can they slip?, i thought maybe bad fuel pressure or bad fuel regulator so drained fuel and removed the fuel pump assembly but everything come up spotless fuel removed was clean no issues. The spark plugs are new but haven't changed them since this started to happenpossibly should have already swapped them out.

Anyone had this happen and can point me to a solution?

Thanks in advance

+1
    I have experienced the same issues on my last ski. So it will run good and then drop in power-rpm. Then you release throttle and get back on it it’s normal again? This is a sign of your clutch going out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamsvho View Post
    HI Guys,
    I have a 2017 FXSVHO 68hours and its been really reliable but soon after finishing my Mods (Worx Cooling upgrade, Worx hi flow strainer, Worx Airfilter kit, Worx intake grate, worx ecu reflash, swapped to solas impeller to correct pitch as per Worx recommendation , Worx Trim extender, Worx billet throttle body damper. Worx ribbon delete, Worx pump seal kit.)

The ski will run hard for a few minutes but then dramatically drops in throttle response and sits around 6500-7500 RPM still smooth just has no power . when i release throttle for a few seconds it will go back to normal for a minute or so, than it will drop back to reduced power. i’ve checked/removed all my hoses on the SC side several times and checked for boost leaks fully pulling manifold to double check and there are no issues i can see relating to boost SC only spins one way which im told means the clutch is ok do they just go or can they slip?, i thought maybe bad fuel pressure or bad fuel regulator so drained fuel and removed the fuel pump assembly but everything come up spotless fuel removed was clean no issues. The spark plugs are new but haven't changed them since this started to happenpossibly should have already swapped them out.

Thanks in advance

ok thanks Is there any way to test it, or would you just swap it it out to eliminate it?

+1
    If you have warranty just wait for it to go. It won't leave you stranded when it goes you just want have any boost or power and will only be able to run about 40 mph , but will save you a bunch of money letting Yamaha pay for it.

+1
    Yep....your clutch is going out. Adding a blow off valve will help with clutch life. Running a supercharged ski in heavy chop reduces clutch life, if that is where you happen to ride it.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmike View Post
    If you have warranty just wait for it to go. It won't leave you stranded when it goes you just want have any boost or power and will only be able to run about 40 mph , but will save you a bunch of money letting Yamaha pay for it.
    i don’t think it’s under wty anymore but it’s good to know i can still get home if it dies on me cheers

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean_29512 View Post
    Yep....your clutch is going out. Adding a blow off valve will help with clutch life. Running a supercharged ski in heavy chop reduces clutch life, if that is where you happen to ride it.
    yea it gets run fairly hard in open water for very long distances this my first supercharged ski and i’ve been trying to feather the throttle obviously not enough. i was going to add a blow off but the shop said it’s not needed for stock boost so i didn’t get one i’ll order one with the new clutch

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean_29512 View Post

any feed back back on the worx blow off valve vs riva?

+1
    hi,

What is your opinion about the worx trim extension. Do you see any difference? is it really efective?

tks, marco

Quote Originally Posted by Yamsvho View Post
    HI Guys,

Thanks in advance

hey
    What is your opinion about the worx trim extension. Do you see any difference? is it really efective?

tks, marco

Hi Marco
    I run a 30 litre Aux fuel tank rigged above the main tank so it makes a big difference when i’m fully loaded with full to get the bow out of the water, it helps heaps if your doing hard corners and gets me on the plain a lot quicker. good mod for low cost in my opinion
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AE4F8EC8-F336-4C3A-980A-C3BD44162CDB.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	451062  
    Last edited by Yamsvho; 07-16-2019 at 04:48 PM. Reason: photo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information