Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Sarasota
    Posts
    105
    +1
    6

    2019 sea doo rxt x 300-recall?? Water pump hose clamp port??

    I just called into Sea Doo to try to figure out if the oil that they put in from the factory for break in is different than the regular oil(trying to decide if I'm going to change it at 10 hours). At any rate, when I gave them my HIN they stated I have an outstanding recall labeled " 2019-7" for a "water pump hose clamp port".

    Searching online gives no information, any insight on this? Was planning to take the ski out this afternoon...

    Thanks,


  2. #2
    Juicie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Pensacola Florida
    Posts
    5
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RG5384 View Post
    I just called into Sea Doo to try to figure out if the oil that they put in from the factory for break in is different than the regular oil(trying to decide if I'm going to change it at 10 hours). At any rate, when I gave them my HIN they stated I have an outstanding recall labeled " 2019-7" for a "water pump hose clamp port".

    Searching online gives no information, any insight on this? Was planning to take the ski out this afternoon...

    Thanks,
    Weird because my 2019 RXT-X is in the shop now because it ran hot. Come to find out the water pump shaft broke and caused it to run hot. I only have 4.3 hrs on it.

  3. #3
    DR2006RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,006
    +1
    211
    Take it in ASAP it can and might loose all coolant if clamp comes loose .

  4. #4
    bill321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lady Lake, Fl
    Posts
    373
    +1
    56
    I just picked up my 2019 RXTX two days ago, I would think any recall work would be taken care of during dealer prep. Took it out first time today, 3.5 hrs.....really like it..

  5. #5
    DR2006RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,006
    +1
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by bill321 View Post
    I just picked up my 2019 RXTX two days ago, I would think any recall work would be taken care of during dealer prep. Took it out first time today, 3.5 hrs.....really like it..

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Sarasota
    Posts
    105
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by bill321 View Post
    I just picked up my 2019 RXTX two days ago, I would think any recall work would be taken care of during dealer prep. Took it out first time today, 3.5 hrs.....really like it..
    I would think so too, but I just picked mine up about 2 weeks ago and it wasn't done then nor was the recall out. May be worth a call to your dealer just to check...

  7. #7
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,408
    +1
    345
    Well... My friends '19 TX had a clamp come loose and dump all the coolant. It was on one of the thermostat housing hoses; the one that goes to the oil cooler. I think he had like 6 hrs. or something...

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,574
    +1
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by RG5384 View Post
    I would think so too, but I just picked mine up about 2 weeks ago and it wasn't done then nor was the recall out. May be worth a call to your dealer just to check...
    Thats because they donít do shit for prep. Donít ride it till you get that oetiker clamp swapped out with a worm clamp. Itís super easy...but if you loose the coolant that is super bad.

    No special break in oil but a great idea to swap it at 10hrs and the filter. Iíve been using the oem fluid for 10 skis and many 100s of hours and no issues.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Sarasota
    Posts
    105
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Thats because they don’t do shit for prep. Don’t ride it till you get that oetiker clamp swapped out with a worm clamp. It’s super easy...but if you loose the coolant that is super bad.

    No special break in oil but a great idea to swap it at 10hrs and the filter. I’ve been using the oem fluid for 10 skis and many 100s of hours and no issues.
    It went in the same day I posted this, took them about 45 minutes and I was out the door again. I do not know what the recall entailed, hopefully it was putting a worm style clamp on.

  10. #10
    Xspook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Space coast, FL (Brevard County)
    Posts
    1,358
    +1
    253

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 yamaha fx svho cruiser vs 2019 sea doo rxt x
    By Nb707 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2019, 02:35 PM
  2. RIVA Sea-Doo 230/300 Boost/Vacuum Port Adapter
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2019, 11:49 AM
  3. Brand New TX 300 hose clamp sabatoge
    By DinoMite in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-26-2016, 08:30 PM
  4. Video: Santa Can ĎDoo on a New 2016 Sea-Doo RXT-X 300
    By Rustymuscle in forum The Watercraft Journal
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-29-2015, 10:35 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •