Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xspook View Post
    I searched the same and came up empty handed, however I'm not sure of your point. I was told by Seadoo via phone and it was confirmed via the dealer. Whether it is on their website or not is a moot point....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Well... My friends '19 TX had a clamp come loose and dump all the coolant. It was on one of the thermostat housing hoses; the one that goes to the oil cooler. I think he had like 6 hrs. or something...
    I heard similar stories when I brought mine in. I asked the dealer if it was a major issue and their response was "unless you absolutely have to ride it before you bring it in, and i'm not really sure why you would have to do that, than we recommend bringing it right in to us". Once I got there they indicated they had seen at least one catastrophic failure happen that would have been prevented by this. It seems like it is the same hose clamp story that has plagued sea-doo for some time, just this time on a different part of the craft. Makes me want to replace every clamp with a high quality one just as a preventative measure, but the frugal side of me refuses to do so when I just spent 16.5k plus another 1.4k for an extended warranty on the thing. These items should not be my problem...but being stranded in the ocean certainly IS my problem!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RG5384 View Post
    I searched the same and came up empty handed, however I'm not sure of your point. I was told by Seadoo via phone and it was confirmed via the dealer. Whether it is on their website or not is a moot point....
    Either they need to update their website, or it's not a recall.

Could be a TSB.

+1
    Here you go guys.. it is a Warranty Bulletin

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clamp1.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	450545   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clamp2.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	450546  

5. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks Bacha. When I spoke to seadoo and the dealer they both specifically said recall. Is a warranty bulletin and a recall similar to Seadoo? In other words does the dealer automatically perform these during service or do you have to specifically ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Bacha View Post
    Here you go guys.. it is a Warranty Bulletin

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RG5384 View Post
    Thanks Bacha. When I spoke to seadoo and the dealer they both specifically said recall. Is a warranty bulletin and a recall similar to Seadoo? In other words does the dealer automatically perform these during service or do you have to specifically ask?
    I check my HIN number every 6 months or so with the dealer. If you waiting for them to reach out to you, forget about it. If you watch the forum, generally the bulletins come up. There are several seadoo techs and shop owners on here that are nice enough to keep us informed.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Welcome and as DinoMite Said... I check every now and then.

10. +1 by:

Just had this happen to me, rode out to the middle of the lake and got an overheating warning. Idled over to a small island to diagnose and all the coolant was gone. Dumped a ton of lake water into the coolant tank, but it all leaked back out. Luckily I ran into someone I knew and got a tow back. Hopefully idling around after the warning didn't damage my engine, I'm taking it to the dealer Wednesday.

+1
    Have them check it for the ride plate recall while you are at it. With it being a known issue, it wouldn’t hurt to ask for an extension on the warranty after this happened. Don’t know if you’ll get anywhere, but I’d certainly be asking for one!

Just had this problem on my 2019 - RXT-X.

5.5 hours on the ticker, this past Saturday with the crew, ripping out from Patchogue and heading out East to Greenport on the North Fork.
    Made it all the way out to Shinnecock Bay and just as we game gliding into the locks, overheating bells going off... Lucky (and I mean pretty damn lucky) that I actually got my Ski from Mariners Cover, I was less then 300 yards from the Marina I bought it from. I limped into their docks and popped the seat. Got greeted with a billowing cloud of smoke and sizzling... Coolant was non existent, not in the tank, the clear hoses, and had about an 1/2 inch of steaming pink juice at the bottom of the bilge...

They had me back on the water in about 1 hour and it was this clamp that was the culprit.
    Zero charge obviously, and ran for the next 6+ hours strong...

Got damn lucky it happened where it did... but kinda pissed it was something that could have been a much much bigger issue had it happened anywhere else...

I also am a bit worried that having it overheat even for that short period of time could have damaged the engine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information