Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinride View Post
    I am considering buying a 2021 GP1800, but I had a 2016 Yamaha FZS with a SVHO motor that stalled terribly. Soooo did your 2019 get resolved, or is it still stalling?
    OMG ur back please go away go buy a seadoo or something

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinride View Post
    I am considering buying a 2021 GP1800, but I had a 2016 Yamaha FZS with a SVHO motor that stalled terribly. Soooo did your 2019 get resolved, or is it still stalling?
    U had a svho that you didnít put premium in

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    507
    +1
    77
    I have two 2016 FXSVHO's. Mine stalled when they were brand new and cold. I put a AFR gauge on and you can see the ski go dead lean and stall. If you data log it, Jesus will fix you up. It is sad the factory tune up has these issues.

    I can say that the 2019 FXSVHO I have does not stall when cold with the stock ECU. Maybe they made some adjustments.

    Robert


  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrisafulli View Post
    I have two 2016 FXSVHO's. Mine stalled when they were brand new and cold. I put a AFR gauge on and you can see the ski go dead lean and stall. If you data log it, Jesus will fix you up. It is sad the factory tune up has these issues.

    I can say that the 2019 FXSVHO I have does not stall when cold with the stock ECU. Maybe they made some adjustments.

    Robert
    Thanks very much for your input.

  5. #25
    Wait, is this the guy who thinks it was okay for my brand new waverunner to stall... at 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 hours?

    Is this the guy who thinks it's not a safety issue for a PWC to randomly stall?

    Is this the guy who disagrees with my local dealership on the above questions?

    Is this the guy who disagrees with the Yamaha regional tech, who said there was something seriously wrong with my ski?

  6. #26
    Team Bilford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    834
    +1
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    OMG ur back please go away go buy a seadoo or something
    Not exactly the helpful spirit that this site is known for. It's not like his 1.8L was the only one that had this problem.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    Not exactly the helpful spirit that this site is known for. It's not like his 1.8L was the only one that had this problem.
    Thanks VERY much for your participation in this thread. My ski stalled horribly, and fairly unpredictably. I am just bewildered that anyone who claims to be a PWC enthusiast, or even a rider of PWCs would also claim to believe that it is okay for a PWC to stall.With no engine power, we have no ability to steer our waverunners. So, naturally this poses a risk of running into things, or people. How is this okay?Mine was a brand new 2016 Yamaha FZS. 1.8L four stroke. In 2016 Yamaha could not build a new ski that would not stall? Nor could they fix it?

  8. #28
    Did your 2019 stall when new? Any stalling issues at all?

  9. #29
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,260
    +1
    912
    Running 87 octane would not cause stalling issues on a stock ski. Engines need correct air/fuel mixture and spark to operate, one of which is incorrect when an engine stalls.

  10. #30
    Team Bilford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    834
    +1
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinride View Post
    I am considering buying a 2021 GP1800, but I had a 2016 Yamaha FZS with a SVHO motor that stalled terribly. Soooo did your 2019 get resolved, or is it still stalling?
    I can understand looking at all of the options available when it comes time to purchase a new ski. Since you had such issues with Yamaha and the 1.8 engine, why not look at a different brand? My Sea Doo 300 runs awesomely with a more comfortable dry ride compared to the GP.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Financing a new GP1800, opinions on the GP1800 wanted.
    By garrett3698 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 08-03-2020, 12:06 PM
  2. 2019 gp1800 faster than a 2018 or 17 gp1800?
    By 2017 fx svho in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2018, 02:47 AM
  3. More 2016 SVHO owners coming out regarding the stalling issue. GP1800 also stalls.
    By dolphinride in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 229
    Last Post: 09-12-2018, 09:56 PM
  4. GP1800 Stalling
    By Redsand in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-10-2017, 11:20 PM
  5. 94 SL750 Stalling
    By cdyer11505 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 11:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •