Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ok so I checked all connections, clams and hoses. everything at least to my eyes seem good. I also checked the battery connections to make sure they are tight and they are. I hooked it up to the hose for 2-3 minutes and tried to blip the gas a few times and it didn't stall out so im going to take it out on Sunday and see if it happens again. while the motor was still a little warm I did an oil change real quick, I did check the oil level before I changed it and it was fine.

What did you find out. All your symptoms are exactly the same as mine. All of them.

so what was the problem and how was it fixed. I have all the exact same symptoms. Have 5 hours in ski. Rough idle at 2200-3000, dies when you “blip” it quickly. I also noted that RPM will rush to 7600 and when it gets to speed, it drops back to 7k and states there unless you let off throttle and then punch it again and then does same thing... up to 7600 rpm and then settles down to 7000 with throttle pegged. No more RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by salvage101 View Post
    The ski runs a little rough at 2-3000 rpm than smooths out after that. Wot is fine and it will idle fine no problem. I do notice a little bit of water in my hull when I take my rear seat off to flush it out. But I don’t know how much water would be considered not normal the only thing I can say is this is my first Yamaha I owned 3
    kawasakis and a sea doo and this ski has the most water in the hull when i get
    home outta all of them. I will start to go over everything later on and see if I can figure anything out or see anything obvious. Thanks for the quick reply.

I cant explain why but have seen this on 3 new svhos, all went away after 10 -20 hours use. I am talking about the idle stall thing not high end rpm issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.lucia View Post
    so what was the problem and how was it fixed. I have all the exact same symptoms. Have 5 hours in ski. Rough idle at 2200-3000, dies when you “blip” it quickly. I also noted that RPM will rush to 7600 and when it gets to speed, it drops back to 7k and states there unless you let off throttle and then punch it again and then does same thing... up to 7600 rpm and then settles down to 7000 with throttle pegged. No more RPM.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.lucia View Post
    ... Have 5 hours in ski. Rough idle at 2200-3000, dies when you “blip” it quickly.

I also noted that RPM will rush to 7600 and when it gets to speed, it drops back to 7k and stays there unless you let off throttle and then punch it again and then does same thing... up to 7600 rpm and then settles down to 7000 with throttle pegged...
    What model and year are you riding?

Stock SVHO GP1800 with factory engine tune? If so, there is a speed limiter that will reduce engine throttle just enough to bring speed down to about 69 mph.

Eliminating the factory speed limiter is one reason many of us have an aftermarket engine tune. I use the Riva MapTunerX system on my GP1800 SVHO and currently use the Stage 1+ 91 octane tune (the ‘Low Octane’ tune). No speed limiter, overall more acceleration and higher top speed.

Riva Stage 1 tune for SVHO (without the +) works with totally stock engine hardware. Just the tune, nothing else.
    The Riva + tune(s) for SVHO expect/require specific (external) hardware modifications. Air intake, mostly.

My 2017 SVHO (and more than a few others reported similar) sometimes would exhibit hard (re)starting when warm and sometimes an engine stumble from low RPM. That all went away after I installed the Riva tune.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMD13 View Post
    in synopsis:

check all electrical connections , positive, grounds, reflash ski with any updated file from Jesus from Riva,

top off with 93 fuel and drive. May not hurt to check plugs and oil as well though.
    Yes check plugs, I've had a some funky things happen with my ski and plugs often are the culprit.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    No kidding I found out that where this guy rides you cannot buy premium dock gas so most likely he was running 87 dock gas. He wouldn’t answer my question over this
    I don’t know if that would matter much at idle but I guess it could be the difference

Wall Township, NJ - Ride out of Manasquan River
    I have a 2020 gp1800r with 11 hours and stage 1 riva tune. Ski stalled once right after landing from a wave jump. Started right back up, ran fine rest of day and didn't happen again. Was odd, dont know the cause.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami1983 View Post
    I have a 2020 gp1800r with 11 hours and stage 1 riva tune. Ski stalled once right after landing from a wave jump. Started right back up, ran fine rest of day and didn't happen again. Was odd, dont know the cause.
    Check battery connections are tight

Is your 2019 still stalling? Did you get it resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by salvage101 View Post
    Ok so yesterday was my first real ride on my 2019 GP1800R, I basically just putted around on it and went on quick half hour rides and came back I never really got on the thing until yesterday. A couple times the ski stalled on me when I would come off a wave and let my hand quickly off the throttle the ski would just shut off. I was able to get it to stall when hooked up to the hose as well if I blip the gas at the right rpm . It doesn't do it ALL the time but it does do it if the situation is rite. it didn't do it to me the first couple times I took it out but I wasn't riding aggressive. I tried to research this issue a little and nothing seems to come up. Ski has 9 hours on it but started doing it at 7. Ski is bone stock with just a reflash. Any ideas or help is always much appreciated thanks guys.
    I am considering buying a 2021 GP1800, but I had a 2016 Yamaha FZS with a SVHO motor that stalled terribly. Soooo did your 2019 get resolved, or is it still stalling?

Mine did this when new and has not done it again after 15 or so hours also you have to put premium gas in it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information