Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 rxtx 300

+1

2019 rxtx 300

I went for my first ride today at myrtle beach. I only racked up 4 hours. Does it do something magical at 5 hours or what. I did notice towards the end it seem to have more vibration in handle bars than earlier in the day. So I called it a day. It didn't devastate, when you gave it gas it went. I was thinking about GPS bypass and catch can. Any ideas

Yes, it starts to get ridiculous soon after 5 hours. Mine hit 70 (with three people on it) twice yesterday. Water temp was 76 and air temp was 90. My daughter took it for her first ride (we have owned two 2001 GTX DIs for 15 years) and when she came back said "Dad this thing is actually dangerous!" I have to agree. The thing is stupid fast. That being said, come Fall I'm going to go out with cold water and cold air and see how fast I can get it to go on glass water. I've hit 74 already before the computer pulled it back to 70.

+1
    Page 80 of your owners manual.

+1
    .....says the ECU will gradually open up to full power over 5 hours..... but continue break procedures for ten hours. Took it out today first time, my wife on her '18 kicked my butt...
    Last edited by bill321; 07-05-2019 at 07:21 PM. Reason: add

+1
    Did you have it in sport mode?

+1
    It will gradually open up. Although I found that once I hit the 3.5 hour mark I became actually scared by the thing. For me it isn't from the jump that is crazy, it's when I hit the throttle when already on a plane and it yanks me backwards and I start praying that there isn't a rogue wave in front of me that I didn't plan for.

Many people have done the GPS delete and the catch can. Do your own research, and make your own decisions. For me, neither are worth the investment or are practical, so I'm leaving it stock. That does not mean that once you research you should feel the same way, it's just how I chose to interpret what I read.

At any rate, this is one of the fastest production ski's on the market, so if you aren't impressed by this things performance out of the box then I'm curious as to what you've ridden in the past .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RG5384 View Post
    It will gradually open up. Although I found that once I hit the 3.5 hour mark I became actually scared by the thing. For me it isn't from the jump that is crazy, it's when I hit the throttle when already on a plane and it yanks me backwards and I start praying that there isn't a rogue wave in front of me that I didn't plan for.

Many people have done the GPS delete and the catch can. Do your own research, and make your own decisions. For me, neither are worth the investment or are practical, so I'm leaving it stock. That does not mean that once you research you should feel the same way, it's just how I chose to interpret what I read.

At any rate, this is one of the fastest production ski's on the market, so if you aren't impressed by this things performance out of the box then I'm curious as to what you've ridden in the past .
    IMO a base flash is the way to go...but for $200 for a GPS delete for 5-7mph...how is that not like the best mod ever for the money and no issues with warranty claims. These skis should have a catch can from the factory...FACT!

Ridden my 400hp turbo ski in the past...makes everything else feel slow. RIP turbo ski.

By the way who in the hell buys a 300hp jet ski to be practical and you think a $200 scom isn't practical.

+1
    Is it a fact that a SCOM will not void warranty claim? Does it have to be removed before bringing it in to dealer for a claim? Can the ECU log that you had a SCOM installed?

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    IMO a base flash is the way to go...but for $200 for a GPS delete for 5-7mph...how is that not like the best mod ever for the money and no issues with warranty claims. These skis should have a catch can from the factory...FACT!

Ridden my 400hp turbo ski in the past...makes everything else feel slow. RIP turbo ski.

By the way who in the hell buys a 300hp jet ski to be practical and you think a $200 scom isn't practical.
    Well said.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post

you do you, I’ll do me. For me 70mph is more than fast enough, so no 200 bucks isn’t worth 5-7mph. I can certainly appreciate the fact that for some people it is though!

As as for the catch can, I have an 8 year warranty, I’d rather leave well enough alone than risk a denied warranty claim for me messing with the factory set up.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information