Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New Hull Rating Decal

Anyone know where I can purchase a new hull rating decal? The one that says your PWC is rated for 3 people? Legit or fake/chinese sources welcome!

And yes, I know what they are for, the purpose, and legalities.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    you won't get over on rangers by claiming your ski fits three people

give them a little more credit then that, will ya.

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    you won't get over on rangers by claiming your ski fits three people

give them a little more credit then that, will ya.
    Agreed. The marine patrols in my area, which include the Coast Guard, wouldn't be fooled for a second by a fake sticker. I can't imagine what they would do knowing you tried to pull one over on them. Wouldn't be pretty.

If you need to ride 3 people, buy a three person PWC.

I already swapped the hull extension, the added foam floats, the seat extension and the seat itself from a 3up. There is LITERALLY nothing different from my 2UP registered hull than an OEM 3UP.

So, give ME a little more credit THAN that, will ya.

Quote Originally Posted by speed51133 View Post
    I already swapped the hull extension, the added foam floats, the seat extension and the seat itself from a 3up. There is LITERALLY nothing different from my 2UP registered hull than an OEM 3UP.

So, give ME a little more credit THAN that, will ya.
    If you want such credit you need to explain why first rather than just asking for a bogus Chinese sticker.

8. +1 by:

+1
    if the marine patrol pulls you over for something, you'll simply get the full Monty if they detect any deceit.

all the way down to the actual height of your registration numbers. ( three inches is three inches, your are 2.75 inches, here's a summons- Block numbers means block numbers, script is illegal, here's a summons)

they are surprisingly familiar with PWC's ( at least around here)

Don't have a working fire bottle, fine
    No towline,fine
    no whistle or mirror, fine

why even bother with the sticker if you are as you say "fully legal three seater"

you'll get to show all of that to the judge

you'll get inspected for open violation of rules, hotfdogging, following to close, improper passing and so on.

and that's on our lake, I know is s. florida there are all sorts of other rules to be aware of. On the Mississippi, another set of rules

if you are towing a water skier or tube and look like every other legit PWC with proper flaggage and with your passenger rear facing to observe the towee with obvious seat space for the third rider, you won't have a problem at all.

Being the only dedicated PWC shop in town I often get questioned on how to beat park summons for things like wake jumping, towing 4 kids on a tube and things like that.

Bottom line is you can't, unless the judge sees something irregular, which they typically don't.

A very good customer of mine tried to beat a summons last season. They were stopped for 4 on a tube. They claimed their two boats which were running interference( to keep other boats from getting too close) for the jetski were there to pick up the riders.

Judge didn't buy it. He told them, next time tow them with your boat, the regulations are very very clear.

Be a good idea to chat up a marine ranger if you see one to find out what not to do to stay in the clear

getting a summons or two can take the wind right out of your holiday

+1
    if the marine patrol pulls you over for something, you'll simply get the full Monty if they detect any deceit.

all the way down to the actual height of your registration numbers. ( three inches is three inches, your are 2.75 inches, here's a summons- Block numbers means block numbers, script is illegal, here's a summons)

No towline,fine

why even bother with the sticker if you are as you say "fully legal three seater"

you'll get inspected for open violation of rules, hotfdogging, following to close, improper passing and so on.

and that's on our lake, I know is s. florida there are all sorts of other rules to be aware of. On the Mississippi, another set of rules

if you are towing a water skier or tube and look like every other legit PWC with proper flaggage and with your passenger rear facing to observe the towee with obvious seat space for the third rider, you won't have a problem at all.

Being the only dedicated PWC shop in town I often get questioned on how to beat park summons for things like wake jumping, towing 4 kids on a tube and things like that.

Bottom line is you can't, unless the judge sees something irregular, which they typically don't.

A very good customer of mine tried to beat a summons last season. They were stopped for 4 on a tube. They claimed their two boats which were running interference( to keep other boats from getting too close) for the jetski were there to pick up the riders.

Judge didn't buy it. He told them, next time tow them with your boat, the regulations are very very clear.

Be a good idea to chat up a marine ranger if you see one to find out what not to do to stay in the clear

Note to self:

Never bring my skis to Elephant Butte Lake!

11. +1 by:

+1
    they actually pay more attention to skis with Texas registrations, or at least that's the rumor I'll start

13. +1 by:

Peter,
    At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

No towline,fine

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information