+1

Brief "low oil pressure" message 2013 GTR

Was out riding yesterday and felt a slight decrease in acceleration and then the "low oil pressure" message on the dash. It immediately disappeared. Slowed down to idle anyways and checked my oil level. It was half way between the bends on the dipstick. Was about 10 miles from the boat launch so headed back at about 30mph. Halfway back, stopped again and checked the dipstick again. No change. Got close to my destination and got it up to 50mph with no issues. Rode around for another 30 minutes before putting it up to 66mph. Seems to be fine. Any thoughts? Ski has 228 hours on it.

+1
    I have topped up the oil, wondering if low oil caused the issue. Put in about 3/4 of a quart. Will the seadoo continue to run if there is a bad sensor? Is this the part number I would need? 420856533. For the price of it, it might be worth while keeping in my car with the tools needed to install at the launch if needed.

+1
    Update - no further issues after about 15 hours of riding.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785xp View Post
    Update - no further issues after about 15 hours of riding.
    I had same problem .. replace rear oil sensor (replaced front also .. not expensive) Problem solved!

When you say you replaced rear oil sensor and front were you referring to the oil pressure regulator underneath the PTO housing and oil sensor located underneath throttle body..reason why I ask is because I am having the same exact problem with my 2013 gtr

Check to see if your oil filter is collapsed. Common with aftermarket filters or if you had some type of water intrusion.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by voliva View Post
    When you say you replaced rear oil sensor and front were you referring to the oil pressure regulator underneath the PTO housing and oil sensor located underneath throttle body..reason why I ask is because I am having the same exact problem with my 2013 gtr
    Had same problem ... replaced oil sensor under throttle body ... Good to go! (Made my own tool to remove and reinstall )

I Installed new oil sensor, did oil change and new filter. Install manual gauge and did oil pressure test....I was running machine hard @ 8300 rpms almost got oil light..oil pressure was at all over the place. I am leaning towards replacing oil pressure regulator

Thread Information