Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Best way to pick up 2 mph on a rxpx 300

So my 2017 rxpx currently has a catch can, water strainer, jp racing tune, fizzle intercooler, and a cold air intake. The ski will run 76 mph on the speedo with a full tank of fuel. My buddy has a 2018 rxtx 300 with pretty much the same mods running about 78 on the speedo. Every time we race he slowly creeps past me on the top end, then I have to hear shit talking for 3 hours after. Time to end that, don't need to smoke him, just even it up really. I was gonna do the er135 wheel and the supporting mods, but I heard the fuel mileage goes down the tube. I'm also trying to keep it reliable as my girl and I do long rides. Was thinking maybe the exhaust manifold spacer, valve spring retainers, and repitch the prop or buy a solas. Not trying to get to crazy like my old ski, it looks to be heading that way.

+1
    Unfortunately, you are startiing at a top speed disadvantage. The ST3 hull has less hull in the water and will always outrun a T3 hull with the same HP. Maybe you could set up some buoys and beat him on a closed course.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    Unfortunately, you are startiing at a top speed disadvantage. The ST3 hull has less hull in the water and will always outrun a T3 hull with the same HP. Maybe you could set up some buoys and beat him on a closed course.
    Im aware of that hull being faster, I'm looking to close that gap by moding my ski more. I'd also like to be able to hit 80+ mph like my old ski. My old ski was faster than both of our current skis, but it sucked in the chop.

easiest way to gain 2mph......lose 50lbs.....prop accordingly.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    easiest way to gain 2mph......lose 50lbs.....prop accordingly.
    Lol, my girlfriend just said the same thing!

7. +1 by:

smart girl....beauty and brains

+1
    My px will run 77 dash with just a scom. If your looking for a small edge you could fill the ride plate bolts holes. There's TONS of threads about how to do it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoffer2490 View Post
    My px will run 77 dash with just a scom. If your looking for a small edge you could fill the ride plate bolts holes. There's TONS of threads about how to do it.
    with a full tank of gas??? Mine will run 80mph on the speedo with low fuel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WBoulton View Post
    with a full tank of gas??? Mine will run 80mph on the speedo with low fuel.
    No, not a full tank, I guess you could say “half tank” since there’s 5 gallons left when the gas light comes on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F1EDA422-4150-4092-9DAA-02380DB66A60.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	450281  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WBoulton View Post
    So my 2017 rxpx currently has a catch can, water strainer, jp racing tune, fizzle intercooler, and a cold air intake. The ski will run 76 mph on the speedo with a full tank of fuel. My buddy has a 2018 rxtx 300 with pretty much the same mods running about 78 on the speedo. Every time we race he slowly creeps past me on the top end, then I have to hear shit talking for 3 hours after. Time to end that, don't need to smoke him, just even it up really. I was gonna do the er135 wheel and the supporting mods, but I heard the fuel mileage goes down the tube. I'm also trying to keep it reliable as my girl and I do long rides. Was thinking maybe the exhaust manifold spacer, valve spring retainers, and repitch the prop or buy a solas. Not trying to get to crazy like my old ski, it looks to be heading that way.
    try the 13/18 3 blade, should get you about 1.5 mph and 200 rpm. Plus make it accelerate better. Don’t waste money on spacer, retainers are never a bad thing...but you shouldn’t need them at your mod level. Run the intake out one of the side vents for fresh air.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information