Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rxp steve
    +1

Vts giving me big problems

Hey guys, I have a 2007 RXP that my VTS stopped working, so i took off the cover and the motor was corroded up so i installed a new one and it worked for a few weeks and then quit. I started trying to figure out what was wrong, checking ohm's from the switch back to the vts motor and could not find anything wrong. With everything being so old I decided to replace everything from the switch back (switch, motor and control module) once I installed everything still not working. So I start back at the switch checking ohm's. From switch to first connection under front hood, checks out good. From connection under hood to ecm connection (B), checks out good. I check from ecm connection (B) to 6 pin connection that the control module connects to, checks good. when I plug everything back together still nothing. Everything on the ski is working perfect,other than the VTS. Could the ECM be my problem where only the VTS isn't working.

+1
    More than likely it is the electronics built into the VTS housing that is the problem. Some used to call it "the module". Water gets in & corrodes the motor & electrical. RR

rxp steve
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat71 View Post
    More than likely it is the electronics built into the VTS housing that is the problem. Some used to call it "the module". Water gets in & corrodes the motor & electrical. RR
    I installed a new control module

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp steve View Post
    I installed a new control module
    Missed that in your first post. I assume when you say that you mean the whole VTS housing? RR

rxp steve
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat71 View Post
    Missed that in your first post. I assume when you say that you mean the whole VTS housing? RR
    Yes, the whole housing

+1
    Maybe have someone with BUDS hook up & take a look. Maybe ecm not recognizing the new module for some reason. Never heard of marrying the VTS to the ecm like you would a new cluster but wouldn't surprise me either. Maybe someone else will chime in. Sorry I wasn't any help. RR

Have you checked the fuse? It's a 7.5 amp fuse

+1
    Is the acordian boot sealing well? Does the motor work when hooked up to 12v?

rxp steve
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse View Post
    Is the acordian boot sealing well? Does the motor work when hooked up to 12v?
    Boot is new and have checked the motor with straight 12v, new motor and runs both ways. I think that i have the answer, talked to Riva yesterday and they said that i need to put on BUDS to marry the module back to the ECU. Everything i have read said that it was plug and play, but Riva would know. Off to the dealership. Will let everyone know if that fixes it.

+1
    I am not sure if I agree with Riva. I know some gauge clusters need to be married to ECU, but never heard of the VTS needing anything. Besides, you said it worked for a few weeks after you installed it. Did you buy the module new from Riva?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information