96 SLT 780 Bogging at WOT

Hello All!

First time poster and first time ski owner here! Got this ski a couple weeks ago (SLT 780) and I've been going through it. Replaced all the old fuel lines, Cleaned the tank, etc. I went and started it for the first time and it sounds find at idle and low rpm but boggs at WOT. Also misting from the carbs. Is that normal? I'm trying to figure out what might my issue be? My mfd screen is bad and the red light blinks a few times when I first start up but then it goes out. Here's a video of it running:

Any help would be appreciated!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

First, please note that when using the garden hose. First start the engine. Then turn on the water. Shut off the water, then the engine. Can't tell if you did that or not in the video. The reason is to prevent possibly filling up your engine with water.

Your engine "bogging" at WOT in the video is normal. You're hitting the rev limiter. There's no load on the engine, therefor it will spool up very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk.

First, please note that when using the garden hose. First start the engine. Then turn on the water. Shut off the water, then the engine. Can't tell if you did that or not in the video. The reason is to prevent possibly filling up your engine with water.

Your engine "bogging" at WOT in the video is normal. You're hitting the rev limiter. There's no load on the engine, therefor it will spool up very fast.
    Thanks for the info! That's what I was doing. I briefly forgot to turn the water off when I first shut it off so I restarted it and then turned off the water.

As far as the "Bogging", I'll see how it runs when I get it onto the water

Not to steal your thread but I recently bought the same ski. Can you post pics of how you hooked it up to the garden hose?

Thread Information