Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65
  1. #21
    John F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    175
    +1
    24
    No, Riva does not tell you to use washers.
    I usually use them to fine tune modded rides plates but the Riva plate works good just bolted up to the hull.


  2. #22
    zapufast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    349
    +1
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by John F. View Post
    No, Riva does not tell you to use washers.
    I usually use them to fine tune modded rides plates but the Riva plate works good just bolted up to the hull.
    Did adjust trim eliminate the bounce?
    Any new results yet?

  3. #23
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,438
    +1
    345
    No real testing- just bolted the plate on and went riding... but I would guess the plate alone was good for almost 2 mph on my otherwise stock Svho.

    Bad news is with 9 hrs on the ski now and some sloppy water conditions today... I wasn’t too impressed with the new Fx in the rough stuff. To be honest, I think my T3 PX would have faired better...

  4. #24
    crv222crv's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    6
    +1
    1
    Tested mine out and had about a 2.5mph gain via GPS

    69.4mph stock
    71.8mph plate

    I bolted mine right up as the stock one was, didn't use any washers under it. I did have a good amount of bounce and adjusting the trim didn't seem to make any noticeable difference.

  5. +1 by:


  6. #25
    John F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    175
    +1
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by zapufast View Post
    Did adjust trim eliminate the bounce?
    Any new results yet?
    When I tested yesterday I had a little less than half a tank. No shims and 4 shims ran about the same speed 78.2-78.5 @83-8400 rm's on stock tach.
    If I added trim it would always start bouncing. Neutral trim the nose stayed down most of the time.
    I also put a washer on each back bolt and tried to trim up 1 click and it still bounced bad and slowed the ski down.
    Then I tried a 3 degree 85mm with nozzle no washers and lost about 100rpm's and around 1 mph.
    I have a 3 degree 87mm nozzle I still need to try but it has the siphon tube cut out and the 19 FX only has a siphon bilge on it so
    I need to install my electric bilge before trying it.

  7. #26
    Gsmith88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Li , New York
    Posts
    935
    +1
    113
    Good info John. Guess the plate isn’t good for 5mph like riva claims

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith88 View Post
    Good info John. Guess the plate isn’t good for 5mph like riva claims
    How can anyone claim to get 5mph increase without a reflash? Just curious, since there is a built in speed/rev limiter, maybe Riva is making this claim in addition of other mods?

    FYI, I have the NA version and its well below the speed it should be going (57, not the factory claim of 61-63). I was hoping this plate would help.

  9. #28

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    868
    +1
    106
    On the 2008-11 FX SHO a Jim cut plate was good for like 4.5mph just depends on the ski and how bad the stock plate is.

  10. #29
    Erierunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    673
    +1
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith88 View Post
    Good info John. Guess the plate isn’t good for 5mph like riva claims
    From Riva's site:
    • Superior handling performance
    • 5 MPH Top Speed Increase!(With speed limiter removed using MaptunerX)
    • Improved acceleration
    • Reduced porposing
    • Improved straight line tracking at high speed
    • Powder coated to prevent corrosion
    • IJSBA Race Legal

  11. #30
    Gsmith88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Li , New York
    Posts
    935
    +1
    113
    What was your speed before testing the plate ?


    Quote Originally Posted by John F. View Post
    When I tested yesterday I had a little less than half a tank. No shims and 4 shims ran about the same speed 78.2-78.5 @83-8400 rm's on stock tach.
    If I added trim it would always start bouncing. Neutral trim the nose stayed down most of the time.
    I also put a washer on each back bolt and tried to trim up 1 click and it still bounced bad and slowed the ski down.
    Then I tried a 3 degree 85mm with nozzle no washers and lost about 100rpm's and around 1 mph.
    I have a 3 degree 87mm nozzle I still need to try but it has the siphon tube cut out and the 19 FX only has a siphon bilge on it so
    I need to install my electric bilge before trying it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Check out the new RIVA ride plate for the 2019 FX skis
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-19-2019, 10:59 PM
  2. SOLD Jim's Performance 2019 GP1800R Ride Plate
    By hotbutta in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-25-2019, 09:04 PM
  3. 2019 GP1800R Ride plate available to purchase?
    By LT1GMC in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12-20-2018, 12:50 PM
  4. Will a 2019 FX ride plate fit on a 2018?
    By Bigdee in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-14-2018, 08:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •