Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    +1
    You're right. Those voids won't effect performance and are different than the voids on a grate. I don't want water trapped in there for Winter lay up. I'll choose my words more carefully.

+1
    I just installed my Riva plate and noticed the rear bolt head hangs below the plate.
    The angle I took the picture makes it look a little worse than it actually is.
    It will probably will not make a big difference in speed but it still bothers me. I might replace the rear bolts with a stainless hex button head bolts.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	riva-plate.jpg 
Views:	733 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	450206  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by John F. View Post
    I just installed my Riva plate and noticed the rear bolt head hangs below the plate.
    The angle I took the picture makes it look a little worse than it actually is.
    It will probably will not make a big difference in speed but it still bothers me. I might replace the rear bolts with a stainless hex button head bolts.
    Riva worked very hard to determine the correct design of their new FX plate. I have tested it extensively and it works awesome! To maintain structural integrity, they could not go any deeper on the counter bores for mounting hardware so rear bolt heads protrude slightly. You have the option to run a low profile stainless button head bolt if you want to. I asked Riva about the button head bolt and they said they do not include them with the plate because the head of the bolt can strip easily due to the allen head design, but feel free to supply your own.

+1
    I bought 2 stainless M8 1.25 30mm bolts and washers at Lowes and they sit flush now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M8.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	450236  

Good news, I guess my can arrive anytime now

+1
    Any results yet ?

+1
    Saturday I did a couple of speed runs with the Riva plate and the wedge installed and had a bad bounce because of too much angle in the ride plate and wedge together.
    Today I took out the wedge and put 4 fender washers in, one on each bolt to bring the plate almost flush with the stock grate.
    I had about 3/4 of fuel, air temp around 90F turning 8400-8300 rpms on stock tach and at best only went 77 on gps.
    I will try tomorrow taking out only the rear washers and then again without the front washers to see if results change.
    My rpm's are still lower than what they should be so I need to check the pitch on my untouched Solas 13/18 impeller and also check for a boost leak in the IMUK.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by John F. View Post
    Saturday I did a couple of speed runs with the Riva plate and the wedge installed and had a bad bounce because of too much angle in the ride plate and wedge together.
    Today I took out the wedge and put 4 fender washers in, one on each bolt to bring the plate almost flush with the stock grate.
    I had about 3/4 of fuel, air temp around 90F turning 8400-8300 rpms on stock tach and at best only went 77 on gps.
    I will try tomorrow taking out only the rear washers and then again without the front washers to see if results change.
    My rpm's are still lower than what they should be so I need to check the pitch on my untouched Solas 13/18 impeller and also check for a boost leak in the IMUK.
    Where do you test at? I go to clear creek all the time. Wondering if it is around the same area.

+1
    Egret Bay boat ramp.

Does riva tell you to put washers in?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information