Thread: New member here

New member here

I've got a 1996 Kawasaki zxi 900 kid I got it from put new pistons an rings in it an there way to small with a lot of ring gape. Does anyone know what size pistons an bore it is. I found another site that says it's 73mm with oversize 1.50mm but I've got the old pistons an they fit perfectly just one is messed up. Can someone please help me figure this out??

You need to buy or borrow a set of calipers and measure each cylinder yourself. Then you can order the proper size piston and rings to fit. Each cylinder could be different since you don't know if they have been bored out or replaced over it's life time.

Quote Originally Posted by beekermartin View Post
    You need to buy or borrow a set of calipers and measure each cylinder yourself. Then you can order the proper size piston and rings to fit. Each cylinder could be different since you don't know if they have been bored out or replaced over it's life time.
    I measured them today an the bore reads 74.5mm an pistons are 74mm where can I get them? I've looked all over

+1
    Click the blue tab near the top of this page that says "Click Here To Order OEM Parts". Use code 'Greenhulk' for a discount.

+1
    74 to 74.5 is .020. That's a little excessive for piston clearance. Std bore is 73mm. Wiseco also sells them, you just need to be sure. Maybe take the jugs to a machine shop and have them checked.

6. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Rodsatheart View Post
    74 to 74.5 is .020. That's a little excessive for piston clearance. Std bore is 73mm. Wiseco also sells them, you just need to be sure. Maybe take the jugs to a machine shop and have them checked.
    The person I got it from had the cylinders honed an bought the new piston which are 72.8mm but there to small. The compression on all 3 cylinders was just under 55psi each I checked the old pistons an they are 74mm an the cylinder is a lil over 74mm. No wonder the kid traded me the ski lol

Thread Information