+1
    Reseat the IBR connector

Disconnect the battery first

Check the Ibr connector for corrosion

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    Reseat the IBR connector

Disconnect the battery first

Check the Ibr connector for corrosion
    Okay. I'll try to do this tonight. I was going to do it the other day but couldn't find a good way to get down to it since its in a tight spot without having to undo some stuff, but I'll see what I can do with it tonight. Didn't look like there was any corrosion from what I could see of it but check it out better when I get it undone.

+1
    My same ski was stuck in forward. Had a buddy work the ibr override while I gave it a little pull. Worked loose and has been fine since. Do the same but pull up with light pressure, don't force it and watch your fingers.

Well unfortunately neither of the above worked for me. When I was trying the IBR override and having someone give a little pull, it wasn't even making a noise like it was trying to do anything. I'm gonna try to play around with it some more before I take it to the dealer/shop on Friday but at this point I'd say something probably needs replaced.

I'll post an update on here if I happen to free it up or with what they had to do to get it fixed that way anyone else who might have this problem can see it. Thanks again for all of your help!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarshall21 View Post
    Well unfortunately neither of the above worked for me. When I was trying the IBR override and having someone give a little pull, it wasn't even making a noise like it was trying to do anything. I'm gonna try to play around with it some more before I take it to the dealer/shop on Friday but at this point I'd say something probably needs replaced.

I'll post an update on here if I happen to free it up or with what they had to do to get it fixed that way anyone else who might have this problem can see it. Thanks again for all of your help!
    If all fails and you need a new ibr I have 2 2019 new in box. Pm me

So they told me the motor that controls the gate is bad and needs replaced. Said it’ll be around $1100 after all the parts and everything to fix it. Since I’ve never had to deal with getting one replaced before, does that sound like a reasonable price to those of you that have had to do it before?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarshall21 View Post
    So they told me the motor that controls the gate is bad and needs replaced. Said itíll be around $1100 after all the parts and everything to fix it. Since Iíve never had to deal with getting one replaced before, does that sound like a reasonable price to those of you that have had to do it before?
    $8xx plus for the actuator plus 2-3 hours labor and some tax $1100 sounds fair .

8. +1 by:

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Very fair considering the v1 actuator alone was over $1500 and the labor is difficult due to close quarters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information