2000 ultra 150. What's it worth?

I have a 2000 Ultra 150 with about 150 hours. Has a rebuilt pump with Solas prop. Shredmaster ride plate. Runs but needs some work. First off the fuel gauge is inop. Also having a problem with a weak spark issue. Tested the coils as per manual and the primary side resistance is way too high. Might need coils. Not sure if this is an easy fix or not I spent all last season trying to figure this out and just getting frustrated.. I've put a noid light on each spark plug wire and you can visually see the voltage go down has the Noid light dim ins and then that cylinder plug begins to foul. Losing interest in this ski and wanted to know what is this thing worth. should I sell it as whole? It does run. Or should I part it out? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Phil.

+1
    Fuel gauge sending unit is about $350. You can probably pick up used coils on Ebay fairly cheap. The Shredmaster is worth quite a bit, so that's a plus.

You won't get much for a non-running or poorly running 'Ski. General cosmetic condition is also a big factor, as is your local market.

That said, without seeing it and just based on what you've said, I'd estimate that it's worth about $1200. If the display is bad, knock off $300. Bad seat, knock off another $200. Exhaust leaking water, knock off $300. Leaking driveshaft seal, knock off $300.

I've bought, fixed, and sold a number of 'Skis. Lost money on most, so when I look at one for purchase, I look at what the salvageable parts are worth. You also have to keep in mind that it takes time to part one out and you'll never sell half the parts. You also have to pay to transfer the title to take it to the dump, then pay to dispose of it. There are a lot of parts that never sell on Ebay. For some, there is no demand. For others, the shipping is ridiculously expensive. I've been trying to buy fuel tanks for Ultra 130s and have contacted everybody on Ebay that is parting one out. Nobody will take the time to remove the tank, or they won't go to the trouble of boxing it up for shipment even when I offer to pay for shipping.

I have full cdi boxes with coils i will let go for cheap, pretty much plug and play if you are interested. I would say that ski is in the 1000 range complete. That shred is worth 500 alone!

Great. Thanks for the info. Probably going to put the stock plate on. I'll see if I can get $600 for the ski and sell the plate separate. Mechanically the ski is great.

Where are you located? I am interested

Pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Fuel gauge sending unit is about $350. You can probably pick up used coils on Ebay fairly cheap. The Shredmaster is worth quite a bit, so that's a plus.

You won't get much for a non-running or poorly running 'Ski. General cosmetic condition is also a big factor, as is your local market.

That said, without seeing it and just based on what you've said, I'd estimate that it's worth about $1200. If the display is bad, knock off $300. Bad seat, knock off another $200. Exhaust leaking water, knock off $300. Leaking driveshaft seal, knock off $300.

I've bought, fixed, and sold a number of 'Skis. Lost money on most, so when I look at one for purchase, I look at what the salvageable parts are worth. You also have to keep in mind that it takes time to part one out and you'll never sell half the parts. You also have to pay to transfer the title to take it to the dump, then pay to dispose of it. There are a lot of parts that never sell on Ebay. For some, there is no demand. For others, the shipping is ridiculously expensive. I've been trying to buy fuel tanks for Ultra 130s and have contacted everybody on Ebay that is parting one out. Nobody will take the time to remove the tank, or they won't go to the trouble of boxing it up for shipment even when I offer to pay for shipping.
    I have three 150's all very nice freshwater ski's,one kicked a rod,so im in the same boat as far as parting it out,I've sold some stuff,but was thinking I had a lot of good stuff that would sell fast,i was wrong,it's good stuff,no one needs it I guess.the ride plate is good & someone may buy it for 500.00 thinking they need it,but after it's on, there gonna wonder if it was worth it.I've had shredmaster on a few ski's & I liked them,but im not gonna pay 500.00 for a used one.there just not that good.

send a PM to "beekermartin" he is a member here,pretty sure he will buy the shredmaster from you.

sorry he has a stx

Thread Information