Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Strange. Cavitation

Anyone ever experience this? Strangest thing ever, was riding today in ocean and started cavitating as if I had sea weed or something wedged in grate. I jumped out to check and nothing. I figured maybe it blew out so I continued riding. However it didnít get better. So I assumed something was wedged in there or maybe my prop broke. I decided to go in for the day and take my pump apart to check. I was sure something was bad but everything was perfect! The only thing I saw that was slightly off was the solas collar was not seated on the prop but I highly doubt that would cause what I experienced.

Something to note. After long idle zones, ski will bog/hesitate for a second.

Only mod I have done since this started is the aqua sport o2 sensor adapter.

2. +1 by:

+1
    My first guess was sea weed. second guess was the impeller nose cone came loose and moved forward. That will certainly do it. The aluminum nose cones are notorious for that and it does cause cavitation. Hard to believe how much it causes to be so small. I think that is the main reason people just leave them out.

4. +1 by:

+1
    That’s what it was. The cone was separated from the impeller and was probably sliding up and down the shaft

Quote Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
    My first guess was sea weed. second guess was the impeller nose cone came loose and moved forward. That will certainly do it. The aluminum nose cones are notorious for that and it does cause cavitation. Hard to believe how much it causes to be so small. I think that is the main reason people just leave them out.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Simple and helpful thread right here. Im sure this has happened to others.

Glad you figured it out Dan

+1
    Me too! What a strange thing. Most would have been scratching their head for hours trying to figure it out. Because there was nothing obviously wrong... I would just keep that cap off from now on.

As far as the bogging after long idle periods, what could that be? Water box getting to full?

+1
    Thank you for your input Jim!

+1
    After reading this, I crawled underneath to get a look at my nose cone because I have tons of cavitation from a dead. My nose cone does not look completely seated and flush up against the impeller. There is a very small gap between the two but it does seem to be locked on and is not moving. Wonder if I am experiencing cavitation from this as well?

+1
    Mine was like that also. That is probably where it says adult. I am sure that when you are under a load that it is spinning up and down the shaft

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    Me too!.

As far as the bogging after long idle periods, what could that be? Water box getting to full?
    How many hours? Stock tune? What mods?

+1
    19 Fx svho 20 hours deans stage 3 intercooler tune With all supporting modifications including retainers and fuel pump. 8800 rpm
    How many hours? Stock tune? What mods?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information