Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    John F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    139
    +1
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    Me too! What a strange thing. Most would have been scratching their head for hours trying to figure it out. Because there was nothing obviously wrong... I would just keep that cap off from now on.

    As far as the bogging after long idle periods, what could that be? Water box getting to full?
    Probably just water condensation build up from the Riva intercooler that has accumulated in the long silicone intake hose.

  2. #12
    Gixxxerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Metairie, La
    Posts
    104
    +1
    14
    I reached my hand thru the grate and tried twisting the collar or cone but it seemed very tight. Not sure if that tiny bit that is not flush with the impeller would cause cavitation being that the cone appears to be secured.


  3. #13
    DanSVHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    772
    +1
    87
    i have a fizzle.
    Quote Originally Posted by John F. View Post
    Probably just water condensation build up from the Riva intercooler that has accumulated in the long silicone intake hose.

  4. #14
    DanSVHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    772
    +1
    87
    Thats just using sing your hand. When that shaft is spinning with all that torque it’s probably sliding and twisting up and down the shaft.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxxerboy View Post
    I reached my hand thru the grate and tried twisting the collar or cone but it seemed very tight. Not sure if that tiny bit that is not flush with the impeller would cause cavitation being that the cone appears to be secured.

  5. #15
    John F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    139
    +1
    15
    Any efficent intercooler will condensate in high humidity environments. The water builds up in the low spot in the intake hose while idling then when you start accelerating it goes up into the intake. It is a fairly common issue.

  6. #16
    DanSVHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    772
    +1
    87
    Gotcha, you mentioned the long riva intake tube so I thought there was a correlation.
    Makes sense though. It’s very humid here in south Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by John F. View Post
    Any efficent intercooler will condensate in high humidity environments. The water builds up in the low spot in the intake hose while idling then when you start accelerating it goes up into the intake. It is a fairly common issue.

  7. #17
    Super Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Posts
    303
    +1
    30
    I would be surprised there would be condensation with the water temp and ambient air being relatively close. But I won't say it's not possible. I was thinking the tune might be a little rich at idle.

  8. #18
    txgp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas , Texas
    Posts
    3,536
    +1
    218
    I rode my FZR for a month with the prop tool still in the impellor....ran ok and only found it when I removed the prop for a slight tweak

  9. #19
    DanSVHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    772
    +1
    87
    Wow. That is strange. Maybe because the tool was fixed to the prop and wasn’t sliding up and down the shaft.

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    I rode my FZR for a month with the prop tool still in the impellor....ran ok and only found it when I removed the prop for a slight tweak

  10. #20
    DanSVHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    772
    +1
    87
    UPDATE- I uninstalled the cone and it’s still doing it. Would the factory intake grate seal not being installed, (because I filled the grate intake cavities with a pump stuff kit), cause this? If not, I seriously don’t know what’s going on. Soon as I give it some power it cavitates like crazy. Once I get up to speed it’s not as bad but still can tell it’s there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. strange
    By Dingram in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2018, 12:58 PM
  2. Something Strange
    By MSRXP in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 12:14 AM
  3. this is strange
    By jusloungin in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 09:01 PM
  4. Strange Strange How can this be?
    By JohnCiccarelli in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 05:43 PM
  5. Seems Strange
    By Keddano in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 12:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •