Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2 brand new 2019 310s r and x problem of the gate

Bad news out of the gate. Filled both brand new skis up with 15 gallons of 93 and hit the water for first time today. Wifes ski died 4 times stuttered and stammered wanting to konk out. My ski stuttered and stammered also, stalled once. My ski wants to die and konk out at 3,800. Rpms to about 4,500, it stammers and hesitates. Wifes ski cleared up a lot but still wants to konk out at about 4k just not as bad as mine. Give them both gas when they act up and they are kind of okay... Something is wrong with these skis. Had 250x 300x 310r and never a problem anything like these .Suggestions / thoughts ????? Needless to say we're extremely upset !

P.s. had 4 brand new pmr9's in the truck, swapped out the R's plugs no change.

Draining the fuel in the morning, dealer thinks there's water in the gas.
    Last edited by Chris288; 06-22-2019 at 09:05 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    Bad news out of the gate. Filled both brand new skis up with 15 gallons of 93 and hit the water for first time today. Wifes ski died 4 times stuttered and stammered wanting to konk out. My ski stuttered and stammered also, stalled once. My ski wants to die and konk out at 3,800. Rpms to about 4,500, it stammers and hesitates. Wifes ski cleared up a lot but still wants to konk out at about 4k just not as bad as mine. Give them both gas when they act up and they are kind of okay... Something is wrong with these skis. Had 250x 300x 310r and never a problem anything like these .Suggestions / thoughts ????? Needless to say we're extremely upset !

P.s. had 4 brand new pmr9's in the truck, swapped out the R's plugs no change.

Bran new, don't even mess with them, straight back to dealer as this is a warranty issue. But do let us know what the dealer found.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    blower hoses came off

Congrats on the new Skis Chris288! That both Skis had similar symptoms, I say fuel is the issue. What brand fuel did you put in the Skis?

If in fact there were some hoses off or something like that on both Skis, I would give the Dealer a scolding . . . that Chit should be checked by the Dealer before you take delivery.

When it all gets sorted out, let us know how the 19's compare to the earlier Ultras. I have been thinking about a 2019 too. Thanks. JB

Put 15 gallons of Gulf 93 in each ski saturday. Both skis shudder, vibrate and want to stall out between 3800 and 4200, they idle okay and run WOT okay. almost got tossed over the bars a few times at first not expecting brand new skis to cut out.

Siphoned 11 gallons out of each ski Sunday morning.

Topped the R off with 20.5 gallons and the X off with 20 gallons of Sunoco 93 From the busiest station around.

Skis act exactly the same. 1.5 hours and 30 plus miles no change. I managed to get almost every last drop of fuel out of them so... I dont think its fuel.... Basically this sucks ...

I could have sworn i saw a post a week or two back somebody was complaining of the same thing and people thought maybe the plugs or something were bad..... but cant find the post... ???????

In the old 250x days the plugs would foul out after about 25 or so hours and it would hesitate and bog but this is something different...

+1
    Congrats on your new skis.

I think the post you are looking for is here:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3016185

Tighten your hose clamps - you know there's a whole mess of them surrounding that engine. It's quite possible that there's an assembly line person whom doesn't know how to tighten those clamps adequately - and water's spraying on your Supercharger Belt.

Post some pics of your new stuff.

Good Luck !!!

+1
    My take is that it's this one here:

I had a similar problem when my Ultra-300x was new - reference:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=179963
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5_1.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	450049  

+1
    What ever happened with this. Did you take them to the dealer or find the issue yourself.

new part is at my house as we speak, they only had 1 to offer right now, and supposedly sending the other shortly... I am going to water test it tomorrow and see if this fixes the problem before i report.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    new part is at my house as we speak, they only had 1 to offer right now, and supposedly sending the other shortly... I am going to water test it tomorrow and see if this fixes the problem before i report.
    What new part? Why at your house, shouldn't dealer be installing?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information