Thread: Fatality

+1

Fatality

Two of my co-workers tried to assist a man that died as a result of a PWC accident Saturday, at Lake E.V. Spence in Robert Lee, Texas.

So far there have been no reports about the accident in the news. My co-workers were pulling kids on a tube and saw a PWC with two people go by. A few minutes later, they saw a lady on the PWC frantically waving for help. The lady said that she and her 62 year old husband had hit a large wave and were thrown from the craft. The man appeared to have suffered from a broken neck, but this is unconfirmed. My co-workers performed CPR on the man until an ambulance arrived. The man was pronounced dead when he arrived at the hospital. The man's wife said that he had previously had some sort of surgery on his neck and bone had been removed.

I'll report more details when they are released. Regardless, riding a PWC with known neck, back, or other physical problems may not be a good idea.

I was about a mile away at the time of the accident, working on my lake house, and didn't learn about it until I got home.

+1
    So very sad....

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Gives one pause. Every summer we will read about people who suddenly needed help. Perhaps due to their own actions, and sometimes bad things just happen.

Good time to ask ourselves;

What would you do if suddenly you encounter an emergency situation? Medical event, injury, whatever.

What training and equipment do you have to help others?

4. +1 by:

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    when you visit an out of area venue, its a good thing to have the local direct number of police, fire/rescue and the location of the nearest hospital already programmed into your phone.

At our lake phones that use Verzion service have significant dead spots. At one marina only phones with AT&T operate reliably on crowded weekends

seconds count in emergencies and losing 30 seconds fumbling around for information can and has made a difference.

at the least know how to apply a tourniquet and keep in mind that sometimes moving an injured person can make things far far worse

The biggest threat to people is actually heat and sunstroke. Learn the symptoms and take control of the situation if everybody nearby is frozen in panic mode when their friend drops to the deck

what can you do?..mark your blood type on the back of your ID or registration..like I said..seconds can count and mistakes are often fatal.
    Last edited by K447; 06-17-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    when you visit an out of area venue, its a good thing to have the local direct number of police, fire/rescue and the location of the nearest hospital already programmed into your phone.

At our lake phones that use Verzion service have significant dead spots. At one marina only phones with AT&T operate reliably on crowded weekends

seconds count in emergencies and losing 30 seconds fumbling around for information can and has made a difference.

at the least know how to apply a tourniquet and keep in mind that sometimes moving an injured person can make things far far worse

The biggest threat to people is actually heat and sunstroke. Learn the symptoms and take control of the situation if everybody nearby is frozen in panic mode when their friend drops to the deck

what can you do?..mark your blood type on the back of your ID or registration..like I said..seconds can count and mistakes are often fatal.
    I agree, every second counts, my state has 911 for that very reason, so now im wondering if some states don't use the 911 system????

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

Fatality

We have 911 but itís more reliable to call the ranger station/police directly since calls are routed to local police dispatch and people often call 911 over bs

Ask your local LEO whatís faster

My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    +1
    62 an did not die is his bed. you have me Respect. for the family sorry for your loss.

Thread Information