Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2019 FX SVHO Riva Free Flow Exhaust

I installed a Riva free flow exhaust over the weekend on my 2019 FX SVHO and totally unhappy with how loud this thing is, especially between 10-30 mph. I donít think the noise of the actual exhaust exit is the problem, and more the noise/vibration coming through the seats/hull. Anyone else experiencing this, and any recommendations to reduce the noise? Sound dampening? Really thinking of putting the stock exhaust back.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    It's a well know thing that the free flow drones... but who rides 10 to 30 mph any ways???

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    It's a well know thing that the free flow drones... but who rides 10 to 30 mph any ways???
    yep...go with through hull

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MM-FXSVHO View Post
    I installed a Riva free flow exhaust over the weekend on my 2019 FX SVHO and totally unhappy with how loud this thing is, especially between 10-30 mph. I don’t think the noise of the actual exhaust exit is the problem, and more the noise/vibration coming through the seats/hull. Anyone else experiencing this, and any recommendations to reduce the noise? Sound dampening? Really thinking of putting the stock exhaust back.
    I almost ordered a free flow until I read on the forum how bad it drones... Either do the tj mod or the thru hull and you will be happy.

+1
    The 2019 has different exhaust setup than my 14’ I wonder if the TJ mod can still be done? It’s doesnt have the resonator like previous years.

+1
    I cut the pipe that goes into the sound suppression box shorter and cut the rubber fingers near the exit. Sounds deeper

Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    The 2019 has different exhaust setup than my 14’ I wonder if the TJ mod can still be done? It’s doesnt have the resonator like previous years.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MM-FXSVHO View Post
    I installed a Riva free flow exhaust over the weekend on my 2019 FX SVHO and totally unhappy with how loud this thing is, especially between 10-30 mph. I don’t think the noise of the actual exhaust exit is the problem, and more the noise/vibration coming through the seats/hull. Anyone else experiencing this, and any recommendations to reduce the noise? Sound dampening? Really thinking of putting the stock exhaust back.
    I never recommend the free flow exhaust because of how bad they drone. The rear exhaust is the way to go. They sound awesome and don't drone. Plus they look fantastic!

RIVA YAMAHA Rear Exhaust Kit, 2019+ FX

Our rear exhaust kit delivers performance and cutting-edge style. Allows for removal of restrictive sound suppression system located between water...
    RY15120 $399.95

+1
    The Works free flow is all silicone and will not resonate as bad as the all metal Riva free flow but they will both have lower rpm drone.
    I made a silcone free flow with 2 silicon elbows and 6" of stainless tube and it did not resonate that bad.
    You could try to use Noico sound dampening matt on the free flow to see if it helps. I just bought a box from Amazon for a sub install in my ski for $22.

+1
    Ill give it a go. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith88 View Post
    I cut the pipe that goes into the sound suppression box shorter and cut the rubber fingers near the exit. Sounds deeper

+1
    I did the tj mod, then the riva free flow (wanted to turn the ski off after riding for 3 mins) then thru hull (honestly perfect) and then added the water box.

thru hull for every ski every time. I even added one to my girls 2017 rxtx 260

Once you find that perfect couple of rpms that you can cruise at there is no drone on either the thru hull or with the after market box , I cruise in speed zone at 2800rpm or less no real drone. just deep nastyness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information