+1

Solas prop split

I can snap a picture when I take the prop off in the morning.

Sent my 13/20 off to get pitched to a 13/18. Its had plenty of flawless hours on as it was. Got prop back yesterday, got on the water everything was great for about a mile then just felt like I sucked something up vibrating. A blade looks split, no damage to anything else it seems. Is this just a fluke as I've heard about other solas failing or is it the chance you take pitching them?

Was not near any rocks to be sucked up, didnt see any damage to to the blades to say that it was an abvious debris accident as of now

+1
    Anyone have a 13/18 for sale...?? For an FX

I have a mint used 13/18 I’ll sell it for $200 to your door

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook87 View Post

Sent my 13/20 off to get pitched to a 13/18. Its had plenty of flawless hours on as it was. Got prop back yesterday, got on the water everything was great for about a mile then just felt like I sucked something up vibrating. A blade looks split, no damage to anything else it seems. Is this just a fluke as I've heard about other solas failing or is it the chance you take pitching them?

Was not near any rocks to be sucked up, didnt see any damage to to the blades to say that it was an abvious debris accident as of now
    Yup that's Solas, roll the dice when it will fail. Been there done that. Skat Trak only aftermarket impeller I will use.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook87 View Post

Who pitched it for you? Obviously when you bend a thin stainless blade it puts stress on it. I have not heard of profession impeller tuners preheating or stress relieving but that sure sounds like a good idea to me.

I have never had one fail, stock or repitched, Solas or Skat Trak. I always used Impros as that is what they do for a living.

+1
    I'm just taking the loss and purchased a new one late last night.. thanks for the offer on the used 13/18, i would have grabbed it off ya had i seen it in time.

That quick ride was such a tease though because I had just got my ecu back from bumping it up and also trying out the 13/18 from the 13/20 it was.

Thread Information