2004 Polaris MSX150 Updated Oil Tank

I started putting in my Updated oil tank. It seems pretty straight forward specially after looking through the forums to get a little help. I do have a question about if i need to remove what i believe is the old Oil cyclone? It was screwed on to the right side of the tank. I ask because there is a spot on the new tank to screw it back on.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190616_170133.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	449679

+1
    Yes, that oil separator/cyclone will be removed. The drain-back line on the separator will still function as the drain-back line... but will attach to lower-right barb on rollover (clear) tank. The large breather emissions hose... is replaced (or reused?) with the new tank setup. That emissions hose that goes all the way back to the "airbox" is the major source for oil ingestion problems (with stock oil tank). Most of us remove this hose... or cut it down to go to an oil catch can instead.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
    Yes, that oil separator/cyclone will be removed. The drain-back line on the separator will still function as the drain-back line... but will attach to lower-right barb on rollover (clear) tank. The large breather emissions hose... is replaced (or reused?) with the new tank setup. That emissions hose that goes all the way back to the "airbox" is the major source for oil ingestion problems (with stock oil tank). Most of us remove this hose... or cut it down to go to an oil catch can instead.

Cheers!
    Thanks! I will continue to use a catch can, although I did have a question on what you do with that open hole that left in the airbox?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamazuki850 View Post
    Thanks! I will continue to use a catch can, although I did have a question on what you do with that open hole that left in the airbox?
    I put a few layers of duct tape and a zip tie. There's no filter in the "airbox"... just a screen to keep the bugs out.

Cheers!

Thread Information