Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Yes bro, all the new kits have updated clutch washers. Honestly, you should go ahead & learn to do this yourself. It is considered routine maintenance on a charged machine. Download you a shop manual from Seadoomanuals.net, yank her off & send it to Jerry here on the forum & let him take care of the rest. Always money & time well spent. RR

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    I'm not sure when the wear ring was replaced. I just purchased the ski at a dealer. I'm driving it in Georgia. it was 80 degrees. I can replace the plugs but What is a high test? The thing has a 30 day limited warranty. If i brought it to them should they be able to identify whether the charger is slipping? I'm kind of leaning towards bringing it to them and having the ceramic washers replaced. Reading the posts above, i had no idea that a supercharger going out could cause thousands of dollars of repairs... I will change the plugs today.
    How many hours are on the ski? Being an 07’ it should have been rebuilt by now with a better upgraded kit. Anytime after 08 ceramics were no longer used in the new rebuild kits. If it has over 100+ hours on it, Chances are it’s been rebuilt with a newer kit that doesn’t have ceramics in it. But I would still want to verify it , to be sure.

+1
    Do not even start it....You are down on RPMS and speed...my stock 05 RXP is getting 8050 in 90 degree heat and 69..granted you have a bigger hull it should be close....couple of things you can do to that ski replace air intake and upgrade prop

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    I'm going to take it to the dealer I bought it from see if they will warranty it as part of the 30 day warranty they gave me.
    This is considered routine maintenance so I doubt they will cover it under warranty. They replace the washers, bearings and other parts with the SeaDoo maintenance kit. Cost $600-$1200 depending on where you get it done.

+1
    Just an FYI, if the charger was blown you would be making no boost and the RPMs would be limited to 5500 to 6000 and about 53 miles an hour tops. You can pull the air intake tube off of the supercharger, and try to spin the blades by hand. If it’s blown the wheel will free spin, if it’s very hard to turn ,it’ll be turning the entire motor over, then it still intact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information