Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    OK. I never thought of that. I’ll give that a try. Funny No one ever mentioned that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    OK. I never thought of that. I’ll give that a try. Funny No one ever mentioned that.
    That may be because it's not as easy as it sounds and I may be the only person who had done it. The bolt holes don't line up when you flip it so you have to cut away a good portion of the flange ears to get the bolt in. But it still works fine that way. You do have to adjust all your control cables for length.

+1
    I have zero porpoising on my ski. I'm using both a wedge and the ride plate. What are you setting your nozzle at and what does your ride plate look like if you held a flat metal ruler across from the hull to the plate? Also not to sound like a jerk...you and I have known eachother a while on this site. What is your ride style? I know on my GPR's I'd struggle sometimes to keep the ski down. I do understand its a '19...but maybe a couple washers could do the trick for you hopefully or just a simple positioning change to settle the ski down. Can you post some pics Dan?

+1
    I can certainly post some pics. I tried all trim settings and leaned back forward and it doesn’t help. The plate angles up from then intake grate back-so that angle plus the wedge is really lifting the bow up.

+1
    I assume its the same type of lighter hull material my gp1800 has? Nanoxcell etc? I usually put my legs back and lean forward to try and balance the skis weight. I dunno. It stops my porpoising instantly.

+1
    Same material but different hull. I have heard from many that there are variances in production and some hulls just bounce a little, similar to the fz hull. I’ll have to mess with the shimming etc to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by MJE View Post
    I assume its the same type of lighter hull material my gp1800 has? Nanoxcell etc? I usually put my legs back and lean forward to try and balance the skis weight. I dunno. It stops my porpoising instantly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    I agree. I think there are some quarks to work out. How would sponsons add speed though? I think it’s still the plate. I was told that an old model plate is better on this hull.
    Yes Dean is using older model plates and milling them. Call and ask about them. He is very pleased with the results so far.

do u still have the wedge in...if so take it out 1st and try.
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 06-19-2019 at 11:43 AM.

+1
    I just got my plate done by him and he didn’t mention the older model plate is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Saum700p View Post
    Yes Dean is using older model plates and milling them. Call and ask about them. He is very pleased with the results so far.

+1
    Update on inverted wedge plate. Sorry to say that after testing with a 2 degree wedge plate turned upside down with the L13 cone, it just doesn't work. It lost a couple mph in every trim position. Oh well. it was worth a try.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information