97 Kawasaki 1100 zxi. Bogs down after hard spin. What would cause this ?

I have two separate question and would greatly appreciate any help. I have a 97 Model 1100 zxi. Ada heads 150 psi compression other than that it is stock.
    1st question every time I skip the ski or do a spin it bogs down bad. Have to play with throttle to re again response. I have completely rebuilt all three carburetors thinking it might have been a carb issue.

2nd question is I noticed there are two of the connections that seal off the dry box broken where could I buy these ? They look like there screwed into the side of the dry box and the wires run thru with a rubber gasket with a cap screwed down to compress the rubber bushing to seal it off.
    Thank in advance for any help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by j.warnick70 View Post
    I have two separate question and would greatly appreciate any help. I have a 97 Model 1100 zxi. Ada heads 150 psi compression other than that it is stock.
    1st question every time I skip the ski or do a spin it bogs down bad. Have to play with throttle to re again response. I have completely rebuilt all three carburetors thinking it might have been a carb issue.

2nd question is I noticed there are two of the connections that seal off the dry box broken where could I buy these ? They look like there screwed into the side of the dry box and the wires run thru with a rubber gasket with a cap screwed down to compress the rubber bushing to seal it off.
    Thank in advance for any help.
    To the first question, are you sure itís a bog and not cavitation? My ultra 150 does something similar in that situation and itís just cavitation from spinning. If itís not cavitation and itís a bog, does it do it at all fuel levels or when youíre lower on fuel?

All fuel levels..

+1
    Does the engine rev up and the 'Ski doesn't move, or does the engine bog down?

The plastic pieces you need are called 'joints', part number 59071-3001. At least they're cheap.

If you're running oil injection, have you ever replaced the oil pump bearings? If not, it's time. Also, inspect those oil lines for condition and security. Don't want one to fall off!

No I premix. No the engine bogs it will take usually a minute or so before it will start running normal again.

Any ideals or help would be greatly appreciated

+1
    You may have water or other trash in the fuel tank that is being pickup up when you spin it.

Thread Information