Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

New to Kawasaki and just picked up a used 250x

Hello all,

as the title states, I just picked up an 08 ultra 250x with 30 original hours here on Guam. It was used for practice drills by the Air Force fire department. It has been sitting for 2-3 years and I want to go through whatever needs to be done before I start it up. I was planning a tensioner bearing replacement and a pump bearing upgrade kit from Kawi performance. Any other pressing issues to address before I start it up? I have been riding seadoos for about 15 years and do all my own work on my skis (currently running a stage 2+ rxp). I have no issue working on my own skis but would like recommendations for what to replace or repair. Any write ups would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

+1

Here are are some pics. I will be cleaning it up an de polishing the hull, filling in any scratches and replacing the mats and seat cover. I’d like to switch to stainless bolts as needed as well. If anything jumps out from the pictures let me know
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2C6C9B83-DB22-4C75-9359-D31E064266E0.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	449436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBDB6421-B3B9-4A2B-9985-73A601AD77B5.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	449437   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35CEAE9E-A625-4011-A0EB-72721AA8990F.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	449438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	90ABAA60-FB46-41CB-A9FC-5F81F2774777.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	449439  

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Check the fuel pressure, soak the plugs in penetrating oil and swap them for fresh ones, check the inside of the charger for corrosion or coating loss, pressure test the intercooler, check compression, and put fresh fuel and oil in it.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Check the fuel pressure, soak the plugs in penetrating oil and swap them for fresh ones, check the inside of the charger for corrosion or coating loss, pressure test the intercooler, check compression, and put fresh fuel and oil in it.

Sean
    Thanks, do you have any info on proper procedures for the above list (aside from soaking the plugs).

+1
    Des anyone have a write up on replacing the supercharger bearings?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    Try Kawiperformance.com they may have a write up.

+1
    <br><br>Try Kawiperformance.com&nbsp; they may have a write up.<br>
    <br>

+1
    You need a set of spark plug wires too! Also, your missing the oil catch tube on the air intake, Picture #1 of the engine, on the in take there is a nipple pointing down and the tube should be on there. Its probably laying in the hull.
    I would remove the spark plugs, after they are soaked as stated and see if you can rotate the engine, no point buying parts if its seized.
    Also pump SS wear ring may have swolen, so whan you pull the pump, check that first.

Man that hull is rough

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    You need a set of spark plug wires too! Also, your missing the oil catch tube on the air intake, Picture #1 of the engine, on the in take there is a nipple pointing down and the tube should be on there. Its probably laying in the hull.
    I would remove the spark plugs, after they are soaked as stated and see if you can rotate the engine, no point buying parts if its seized.
    Also pump SS wear ring may have swolen, so whan you pull the pump, check that first.

Man that hull is rough
    Ill check those out. The hull is in good shape for around here. Seems like most people are completely unfamiliar with PWCs here on Guam. They are always putting them away hot and wet and never doing any maintenance. The motor turns over good but the tensioner was full of salt and rusted. I’m replacing the tensioner bearing and blasting and painting the tensioner. Kawiperformance doesn’t have any write ups for the supercharger. Has no one on the forum done a write up or instructions? I can send it to them for a rebuild but since we are so far away i prefer to learn how to do the rebuild myself for future work.

Ill check those out. The hull is in good shape for around here. Seems like most people are completely unfamiliar with PWCs here on Guam. They are always putting them away hot and wet and never doing any maintenance. The motor turns over good but the tensioner was full of salt and rusted. I’m replacing the tensioner bearing and blasting and painting the tensioner. Kawiperformance doesn’t have any write ups for the supercharger. Has no one on the forum done a write up or instructions? I can send it to them for a rebuild but since we are so far away i prefer to learn how to do the rebuild myself for future work.
    If there was that much rust, you better replace the Belt too. The "rust" will help saw its way through Belt. You have a lot of work and TLC ahead of you! JB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information