Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'd rather be riding!
    +1

New 19 Cruiser HO

Recently sold my 2000 Ultra 150 and decided to buy a 4-stroke.
    A local dealer had some left over 2018 VXRs and Cruiser HOs and offered a discounted price.
    When I got the to dealership, they were sold out of the 2018s. I thought they were going to do the bate and switch, but they offered me the 2019 at the 2018 price.
    Went back and forth between the VXR and the Cruiser HO, and finally decided on the HO.
    Just completed the break-in rides today and got a chance to see what the ski would do.
    The HO is not as quick as the Ultra was, but it is almost as fast. GPS clocked 63 as a top speed on the Tennessee river with almost smooth water and a temp of about 80 degrees.
    The HO is definitely more comfortable for cruising than the Ultra, so I think I will like it.
    After the warranty period, I'll probably do the ribbon delete and free flow exhaust to see if it will improve the acceleration.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Exhaust mods are more about the sound/noise than actual performance change.

An ECU tune can provide a gain. Perhaps an impeller.

Do you already have the 2019 VXR ride plate on the Cruiser HO hull?

Overland Park, KS (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Does the 19 cruiser HO have the same extended ride plate as the 19 vxr and gp1800?

Send ride plate out for a speed cut from Jims performance that will increase top speed and handling. Ribbon delete and air intake also helpful for performance. All three available in the greenhulk percormance part store and should be good for 2-3+ mph.

Congrats on your new ski. I can't quite get to 65 on mine, maybe a tune and prop change would do it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Kamp View Post
    Does the 2019 FX cruiser HO have the same extended ride plate as the 19 vxr and gp1800?

Send ride plate out for a speed cut from Jims performance that will increase top speed and handling. ...
    FX ride plate is different from VXR/GP2800 ride plate.

The 2019 FX seemingly requires a modified or aftermarket ride plate for speeds at/above about 73mph. Unstable handling with the stock ride plate at those speeds.

Early reports suggest the stock ride plate also slows the hull down and the new FX hull benefits from a ride plate cut or aftermarket ride plate.

Overland Park, KS (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    FX ride plate is different from VXR/GP2800 ride plate.

The 2019 FX seemingly requires a modified or aftermarket ride plate for speeds at/above about 73mph. Unstable handling with the stock ride plate at those speeds.

Early reports suggest the stock ride plate also slows the hull down and the new FX hull benefits from a ride plate cut or aftermarket ride plate.
    If I said FX that was my mistake. I meant VX cruiser HO that doesn't have trim but has cruise control. Unless I am mistaken I took it as the OP gots a VX Cruiser HO instead of a VXR and I was unsure what 19' VX models came with the new extended plate similar to the one Riva makes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Kamp View Post
    If I said FX that was my mistake. I meant VX cruiser HO that doesn't have trim but has cruise control.

Unless I am mistaken I took it as the OP gots a VX Cruiser HO instead of a VXR and I was unsure what 19' VX models came with the new extended plate similar to the one Riva makes.
    I apparently read it as a FX question but perhaps incorrectly.

You can use the Yamaha online parts diagrams to see what the ride plate part number is for the 2019 VXR, then see what other VX_ models also use that same part number.

+1
    Just do the ribbon delete, last time I checked, a new intake was like $220. I have the three year warranty and I removed the ribbon.

+1
    You won’t see any gains from it. I picked up about zero mph on mine. Save your money.

I'd rather be riding!
    +1
    Not really looking for more top speed, but would like to increase the take-off from 0 to 30.
    From what I've read, the ribbon delete should improve this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information