Should I buy 2008 stop 215? Only 31 hours on it

New to forum. Been reading and seek a new ski. I have found a 2008 RXP 215 with only 31 hours on it.

This year had the Metal Washers in the Super charger. No other .service known except winterizing.

my question is, how much risk is there in buying this 10 yr old ski?

i know the supercharger issues and maintenance on it. But seller states it was working when taken out of water.

What at would you do if you bought before you put into water for first run?

is there challenges with clamps or plastic bits to attend to due to age?

i have reasonable mechanical skills. Many years working on MC and car engines. Feel comfortable tearing down to block on those.

i appreciate any feedback you offer. Forums like this have proven to be awesome for insight. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

elliott

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliottrw View Post
    New to forum. Been reading and seek a new ski. I have found a 2008 RXP 215 with only 31 hours on it.

This year had the Metal Washers in the Super charger. No other .service known except winterizing.

my question is, how much risk is there in buying this 10 yr old ski?

i know the supercharger issues and maintenance on it. But seller states it was working when taken out of water.

What at would you do if you bought before you put into water for first run?

is there challenges with clamps or plastic bits to attend to due to age?

i have reasonable mechanical skills. Many years working on MC and car engines. Feel comfortable tearing down to block on those.

i appreciate any feedback you offer. Forums like this have proven to be awesome for insight. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

elliott
    08 has good valves and charger washers. Water test is a must, do not get talked out of it. Compression test each cylinder. Make sure display is in good condition as new ones range from $500-700. Look the hull over. If any doubts on hull, put water in it with a hose to see if any leaks are present. Check oil out and if he let's you pull the oil filter and check for metal or silicone particles. Everything else is just regular maintenance. I may have missed some stuff but comon sense goes a long way. If it don't look or feel right it probaby isn't. Also look to make sure all plastic tie straps are original and still on.

+1
    Exhaust clamps all need to be changed as the oxidize and break. Ride plate spring clamps changed over to good quality ss worm gear style.

Thread Information