Thread: 1993 vxr 650ís

1993 vxr 650ís

New to forum and jet skis. So anyway I just picked up two Yamahas, both 1993 vxr 650. Not to mention the piece of scrap metal they came on I was told was a trailer lol. Anyway one started with a jump start and some starting fluid. The other is in about 100 pieces lol. Grand total was $700. So Iíll focus on the runner for now. My plan: drain the fuel, clean the tank check the fuel filters and lines. I wanna rebuild the carb too and fresh air filter. Oh and new battery. Anything else I should look over/check/replace? I already ordered a clymer manual. Iím sure Iíll be back here a bunch. Hoping these arenít like my Chevy 6.5l diesel dump truck: spend a thousand and get 100 miles till something else breaks lol

slower lower Delaware. And have a cottage on finger lake in upstate NY.
    +1
    If there still oil injected. Replace hoses and bleed system.
    I have a 93/94 vxr pro witch are a 701 motor instead of the 650. But the same ski. Both of Mine are a very reliable skis. Many many hundreds of hours on them. Both still running original injection other than lines. Motors rebuilt many times.
    The Clymer manual is a good manual. I also have a digital copy of the factory manual I can e mail to you if you want. Just PM me with email.

slower lower Delaware. And have a cottage on finger lake in upstate NY.
    +1
    PM and email sent.

I used a '94 with a 701 as a donor for my boat. It was sitting for nine years, all I had to do with the motor was clean up the carbs. The diaphragms were hard as glass and stuck to the covers. I went super cheap and only replaced the diaphragms and just cleaned everything else. I run pre-mix and it's been going for two seasons now. One trick I did was to add three more holes to the carb diaphragm cover and to lightly grease the diaphragm before installing it. My thought was to keep it from baking itself to the cover(like the old ones) and letting air get in when the load comes on. Still running fine. Good luck

Thread Information