Group K modified STX 15F rideplate

Over the winter my buddy and I sent our STX 15F ride plates to Group K in Arizona. They claimed that it would add 1.5-2 mph.

Last summer mine would top out around 59-60 mph and my buddies would do 60-61 mph. We finally got them out yesterday for a quick test ride and we were pleasantly surprised with the results. Mine now does 61 mph and his does 62 mph consistently. Also it feels like they hook up a little better out of the hole. This was also done in a slight chop.

Next mod in line is a DIY intake and I'm hoping to pick up another mph or two from that.

Just wanted to share my experience with the ride plate mod and definitely think it is worth it for the price.

+1
    What is actually done to the ride plate. Also of you put a wedge in it you will gain speed. I put a wedge in my 12F as well as a nozzle extension with a few more degrees cut into it and gained 4 mph. See my other posts on this.

It was milled down a little on the back edge.

I'll to check out your posts. Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Longer02 View Post
    It was milled down a little on the back edge.

I'll to check out your posts. Thanks.
    Got any pics of this modification.

Quote Originally Posted by TJS0712F View Post
    Got any pics of this modification.
    I'll grab some the next time I am around it. I should have taken some pics when it was off the ski.

+1
    Very nice! The intake mod won’t help a whole lot on top speed(~.5mph) but it does wake the ski up quite a bit on the bottom end. The mods that picked up the most speed for me aside from a plate have been the 2° pump wedge, a prop, and free air mods. Like yours, mine was right at 59ish out of the box, it was running a steady 64-65 a couple weeks ago. I’ve swapped to a new Solas pump since then which should help pick up another mph or so. Hoping to see 67+ by the end of the season.

+1
    There are quite a few members here who would like to know how that pump performs, the stock ones are junk. I guess it depends on how you do your 'intake' mod, I did mine & picked up 1.8mph & a lot of low end too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RLACEMAN View Post
    There are quite a few members here who would like to know how that pump performs, the stock ones are junk. I guess it depends on how you do your 'intake' mod, I did mine & picked up 1.8mph & a lot of low end too.
    I’ll definitely post results next time I get it out. It dropped right in, but it does need longer cooling hoses, as the OEM ones are too short to reach the relocated cooling fittings. The stock pump appeared simple and underdeveloped compared to this one, I guess we’ll see.

How did you do your intake mod? I simply bolted a K&N filter onto the TB and did a few air mods to accompany. Thinking running it to the rear storage bin might net some cooler air but I’m a little hesitant to cut a hole in the bucket.

Thread Information