Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    So I'm pretty sure it's on at this point - going to pull the engine out just after the end of the season and put it on a dyno here and finetune it, so the holeshot is better as well.
    After that I'll have pretty much a finished product for 98 RON / 93 AKI with proper gain graphs.

There have been two SX-R 1500 engines on that dyno already so all the adapters and fittings should bolt up.
    They also have a modified exhaust that bolts up with a lambda plug, so I can check how the fueling is doing as well.

2. +1 by:

+1
    think about getting a lx for atom offshore racing, could you tell me the stock speed and what can be done to bring the speed up

Never got around to putting it on the dyno, just didn't have time, and also the fact that I need to strip the entire loom out was daunting.
    I got someone who can give me a spare loom, so that makes it a whole lot easier. Just busy with work.

As to previous poster.
    Stock they run 7600 RPM. After replacing the airbox with a K&N air filter and doing a proper remap you get 8000 RPM.
    If you want more, you need to get a supercharged ski.

Since my buddy got a 2014 310LX, I had to delve into that ECU as well.
    Managed to bypass the "traction control" and the top speed limiter, as well as some light tuning. Ski went from 7150 RPM to 7950 RPM and holeshot is much better, because stock it doesn't open the throttle fully until 75 kph.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    A stick 2014 is 7650 is on speed limiter
    8000 is normal RPM even with just a SCOM
    So i don't understand whybyoubwoukd reference a RPM gain from 7150

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    This ski had a 7150 speed limiter. It is one of the ECU's that has the referenced "problem" on this forum.
    It's right there in the file, and it's exactly what it ran. Was like hitting a brick wall at 7.2k, because it shut the throttle.

Possibly later ski's/ecu's have this set higher from the factory, but this is what this 2014 310LX euro model had.
    The only thing I did on this ski besides what an SCOM would do, was to de-limit the throttle below 75kph and add a couple degrees of ignition timing (I am sure you can add 5-6 degrees on good gas, but this was not the goal here). The throttle didn't open fully until 75kph with the stock calibration.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    I think he is referencing a na ultra but I may be mistaken.

(I was mistaken)

Sean
    Last edited by smokeysevin; 05-11-2020 at 08:41 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by prj View Post
    This ski had a 7150 speed limiter. It is one of the ECU's that has the referenced "problem" on this forum.
    It's right there in the file, and it's exactly what it ran. Was like hitting a brick wall at 7.2k, because it shut the throttle.

Possibly later ski's/ecu's have this set higher from the factory, but this is what this 2014 310LX euro model had.
    The only thing I did on this ski besides what an SCOM would do, was to de-limit the throttle below 75kph and add a couple degrees of ignition timing (I am sure you can add 5-6 degrees on good gas, but this was not the goal here). The throttle didn't open fully until 75kph with the stock calibration.
    Some 2014 310's had some bad ECU files....
    This presented in the rpm issue your buddies ski sounds like it showing.... not all just some.

back in 2014 My ski was in the 1 batch of 2014 production skies sold to have the issue..... and the simple fix was a ECU swap , this was found when KSPEED reflashed it with a new file, that was updated from the 300x series

Assuming this is what your friend was experiencing.

Waz
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 05-11-2020 at 04:16 AM.

Some 2014 310's had some bad ECU files....
    This presented in the rpm issue your buddies ski sounds like it showing.... not all just some.

back in 2014 My ski was in the 1 batch of 2014 production skies sold to have the issue..... and the simple fix was a ECU swap , this was found when KSPEED reflashed it with a new file, that was updated from the 300x series

Assuming this is what your friend was experiencing.

Waz
    That's exactly what his ski did.
    7800+ rpm then 7100-7200.
    But this is not the fault of the ECU hardware or anything like that, I mean the map literally tells it to shut the throttle at that RPM and the ECU does just that.
    I am guessing they raised the limiter some on the later skis.

His is a very early 2014.

Anyway after flashing it, there is no issue, it happily sits around 8k on the same ECU (of course, because the only thing holding it back was the limiter).

My friend is happy with what I did, especially also the holeshot has improved.
    Seems almost like every time someone puts an electronic throttle on things it's to kill all the fun. Limit the bottom end and call it "traction control", then limit the top end.

+1
    As I said this is not a normal 310 issue. It was only a small number of ECU that got a corrupt/ bad file flashed from New..... there was a issued raised internally and was replace if customer had an effected ski

As I said this is not a normal 310 issue. It was only a small number of ECU that got a corrupt/ bad file flashed from New..... there was a issued raised internally and was replace if customer had an effected ski
    The file is not in any way bad or corrupt. The limiter is just set to a lower rpm in it. Maybe someone screwed up by 400 rpm when doing the calibration. ECU won't even start up on a corrupt or bad file.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information