Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Well fuel tables are going to be utterly useless, because every ECU does fuel differently.

Timing maps - if running aftermarket I am not sure I would do them alpha/n. I'd probably do speed density.
    And I think advancing timing a bunch on lower throttle openings could also help. Here timing is quite retarded at lower throttle openings. Perhaps it is done to make the ski easier to control, but it hurts fuel economy.
    No way to find the timing without a proper dyno where you can hold the ski steady state and that reports torque...

Also, mapping this would be a nightmare because there is no knock feedback and you have to flash each time. The only way to do this, is to either find a factory calibration interface (if one exists) or make one, so that timing can be adjusted in real time.
    This is a lot easier on the Ultra LX ECU because it has a lot more addressable RAM. It would be possible to create a timing trim map in RAM that would be applied as an overlay on top of the others.

Anyway, here is the ignition map from the file labelled "my ski". There's just one basically.

Note how timing goes lower and lower at WOT after 5000 rpm. This should not be the case. It should go higher. This is probably done so that if you hold it WOT for a long time and the cylinders get a little hotter, and you have really bad gas, it doesn't blow up the engine.
    Also the timing gets higher with more load (throttle position), this is probably done purely for controlability. At low RPM basically there is zero difference between throttle at 30% or 100% air filling wise.
    Because a jetski has no gears it generally operates in a very narrow range of the map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stx12f.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	449715  

heres a 300x file, done with ktag master, this is the micro (maps) file, just rename the .pdf to .zip and its got the backup dump too
    Attached Files Attached Files

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by prj View Post
    Well fuel tables are going to be utterly useless, because every ECU does fuel differently.

Timing maps - if running aftermarket I am not sure I would do them alpha/n. I'd probably do speed density.
    And I think advancing timing a bunch on lower throttle openings could also help. Here timing is quite retarded at lower throttle openings. Perhaps it is done to make the ski easier to control, but it hurts fuel economy.
    No way to find the timing without a proper dyno where you can hold the ski steady state and that reports torque...

Also, mapping this would be a nightmare because there is no knock feedback and you have to flash each time. The only way to do this, is to either find a factory calibration interface (if one exists) or make one, so that timing can be adjusted in real time.
    This is a lot easier on the Ultra LX ECU because it has a lot more addressable RAM. It would be possible to create a timing trim map in RAM that would be applied as an overlay on top of the others.

Anyway, here is the ignition map from the file labelled "my ski". There's just one basically.

Note how timing goes lower and lower at WOT after 5000 rpm. This should not be the case. It should go higher. This is probably done so that if you hold it WOT for a long time and the cylinders get a little hotter, and you have really bad gas, it doesn't blow up the engine.
    Also the timing gets higher with more load (throttle position), this is probably done purely for controlability. At low RPM basically there is zero difference between throttle at 30% or 100% air filling wise.
    Because a jetski has no gears it generally operates in a very narrow range of the map.
    Can you share the definition parameters so we can look at the files rather than just the screenshots?

I want to do an actual comparason on the files so I can figure out why certain ski ecus seem to burn up pistons.

Sean

Do you have a licensed copy of WinOLS? If so, I could post the map pack.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I do.

Sean

Rename .pdf to .zip...
    I am not sure if it's actually cyl 1-2-3-4, because I didn't run the STX12F file through IDA Pro, but it should be.
    I also don't know what the scaling for the pressure sensor is, because it's different from the Ultra LX.
    But anyway on these ECU's the MAP based maps are used usually only at lower throttle openings, at WOT it's on Alpha/N.

WinOLS (Kawasaki STX12F (Original) - ).pdf

I am quite sure you can define the rest based on this.
    Don't forget to set ECU to type "Mitsubishi" - it should find the maps/axes for you then on most newer stuff. And RPM/TPS factors you got from me.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Yeah, the stx uses a blended map, 0-8 percent tps its speed density, 12-100 percent tps its alpha n, 8-12 its a linear blend.

Sean

+1
    Sean,

Any difference in the maps between the different year ECUs? I have a 03

It would be nice if there was just a way to bump the timing via a ecu program update vs carving out the sensor mounting slots or the toothed wheel mounting.

+ having a comparison of the different year maps would probably identify the culprit for burning the engine pistons
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190622_072348.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	449970  

Well there is a way if you have a flash tool.
    I used a really expensive one, but there is a Russian inexpensive tool that might work - mmcflash. I have the dongle and pretty sure also the needed modules, need to give it a go.

I would be interested to see if mmcflash works. I have been on the fence about purchasing one.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information