Lightbulb Oil leak need help

Recently purchased a 1997 waveraider 700.
    after degreasing and giving it a nice clean there is 100% oil leaking from somewhere under the engine. Should I just swap to premix? Would that solve my problem? Or would oil just keep leaking regardless? Any help is appreciated thank you

slower lower Delaware. And have a cottage on finger lake in upstate NY.
    +1
    Unless the oil tank is broken. than it's a loose or broken oil line. Yes, pre mixing and taking out the oil system will eliminate the oil leak. Or just replace the lines and reseal the system. More than likely it still has the original lines and are passed due for replacement. If you go premix, you must remove the pump and put in a block off plate.
    In my opinion, replacing the lines is the preferred option. The Yamaha oil system is very good but does require regular maintenance. ie, replacing the lines regularly. The big question now is, has it been run with a broken oil delivery line. And if so how much damage has been done to a cylinder/cylinders. You need to find the source of the oil leak and not run the ski till you do. Then repair it. And determine if damage has occurred before running.
    Last edited by Dave in DE; 06-05-2019 at 07:44 AM.

Thanks for the help! I am almost certain it’s not the lines as I checked them and they have seem to be replaced sometime throughout the skis life the leak seems to be coming from under the engine I felt around with my hand and felt fresh oil. I’m not a mechanic so I can’t quite pinpoint what it’s coming from. But would going premix eliminate this problem? Or am I looking at much drastic measures that need to be taken?

+1
    Going pre mix will stop it if it's coming from a leak in the injection system. But to go premix you'll have to remove the oil system and install a block of plate in place of the pump.

Thank you, I appreciate the help! Any kit in specific I should get for a wave raider 700 or will they all pretty much do the trick?

+1
    Any kit will do. Just need the plate for the pump and block off injection ports in carb.

Thread Information